Simon Says Stamp | More Spring Flowers

April 25, 2017



Hello everyone, I hope you had a happy Easter. We were in holiday and despite we stayed at home I had to stretch the days to enjoy a bit of crafting but I couldn't stretch them enough for blogging or editing my latest videos using the beautiful stamp sets in the post today: More Spring Flowers Stamp Set (SSS1017037) and Sending Flowers by Simon Says Stamp

I made a bundle of cards using these stamp sets, applying different watercolor techniques and  also  more traditional stamping techniques.  I'll be sharing  pictures of each card every day this week.



I think the rose stamp from More Spring Flowers Stamp Set  provides a perfect  image to  get   watercoloring practise  and the results might vary depending the coloring tools you use. 



This time I tried to use one  single watercolor shade  to paint the roses.  I used the  purple #38 from Kuretake : Gansai Tambi Japanese Watercolour Paints 36 pan set. lovely watercolor paints, great quality, value for money ,  easy to blend and apply.

Instead a water brush I used a round watercolour brush  #4  but you can use any of them. The Nuvo water Brushes are a great solution for card makers not only  because of the  price but  also because the brushes has a very fine tip and they will allow you to work easily on small areas like the petals in these roses.


I  tried to build a heart by stamping the rose 3 times on the center of the panel but I nail it!  As I couldn't see the heart shape perfectly defined I used a heart die to make a mask , then I placed the negative mask  on the watercolored panel and I sponged  Antique Linen  Distress Ink on top but that  made the things worse as the distress ink covered the watercolor  work! Noooo... what I was thinking about? 


I stamped the images using Antique Linen Distress ink  ( card at the right)  and  Dusty Concord Distress ink ( card at the left) on watercolor paper 300 gram, cold pressed.  I applied the watercolour paint slightly  diluted  with water starting on the base of each petal and working towards the top, cleaning the  brush  half way to get a lighter shade at the top of each petal (By the way I still prefer Antique Linen Distress ink  to stamp images that will be watercolored) as it blends nicely.
 

I also made matching envelopes using Sending Flowers Stamp Set by Simon Stamps, Perhaps I used the stamps in a very peculiar way  as I used the " envelope lines stamp" to  stamp  a texture at the envelope side. I found  very relaxing going a bit crazy with the stamp that way. Next time I'll try to create a woodgrain background  with it. why not?



I used Stampin! Up! :  Old Olive and Kraft cardstock,  Linen Thread, White Embossing Powder, whisper White Envelopes, Elegant Eggplant ink and Old Olive ink.


That's all! I hope you enjoy the projects today. Do not hesitate in ask any questions or leave a comment. I would love to heard from you.

Happy Crafting
X
Bibi


LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!

Join my Facebook group | contact me at bibicameron@gmail.com| Subscribe to my YouTube Channel Follow me on Google+ | Follow  me on Pinterest and Instagram | Follow my publications | Subscribe to Newsletter|  

Supply List 

Find main supplies used in this post in Simon Says Stamp shop .  I get a small commission when you buy from the links below at not extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs