Easy rainbow summer cards with alcohol markers

May 31, 2018


Hello everyone!  today I'm sharing creative ways to stretch out the use of your supplies while I walk you through the process of making a couple of super easy, colourful and fun summer cards.

I used Hello Summer die, Night Paint Stamp Set,  Dimensional Triangles cover plate die from the latest Neat and Tangled release and one of my fav ever: Origami Map die also by Neat and Tangled (all supplies listed below).

Here is the Video



As you can see in the video I used Alcohol Markers with a broad tip to create a striped pattern on a piece of bristol board paper and I only used the markers to add colours to other images and die cuts on these cards.

 This is the first card I'm making the video and I think it is perfect to send encouragement. 
For this card, I trimmed a portion of the large die cut produced by Dimensional Triangles Cover plate die and I made a kite.

The girl image is from Night Paint Stamp Set. In the original image,  she has a brush in her hand. I cut it off so it seems like she is holding the kite.
I also want to invite you to make something different with your dies.  Check them out and find new ways to use them and to get the best of them.

This is a picture of the original kite idea. The kite is not perfectly done and the alcohol marker ink on the acetate faded a bit when I touched it.

I still think is a pretty idea and as I mention in the video it reminds me of the handmade kites my father use to make for me when I was a little girl.  August it is the perfect month if the year to fly a kite in Colombia.  the process of making the kite was the best part of it!


Do you have the same tradition in your country?
That's all for today! 

Thanks for stopping by and thanks in advance for your comments.  I love to read them and to know what do you think.

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly on your email please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!


Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi

Supplies 
Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs