Summer Flowers by Simon Says Stamp | Gouache Paint

May 31, 2018


Hello everyone! I couldn't resist applying Gouache paint over the beautiful sunflower from Summer Flowers Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamp and share a card idea with you.

I love to explore new colouring tools and I have been playing with Gouache paint. I got the introductory kit with primary colours and I'm a newbie using this paints but I'm preparing a video to show you how easy is to mix the paint to create new shades and to add colours to cards.

The video will be available on my Youtube Channel here asap in case you want to have a look.  It is really an easy media to use and I'm kind of loving the results.  

Gouache paints are a mix of watercolour and acrylic paint and it is a very... very opaque so you can apply layers and layers of paint and every layer will cover completely the previous one. This means that  with very little effort you will be able to add colour to stamped images


I love the peach colours you can get by mixing red, yellow and white gouache paints.

I stamped the images on Canson watercolour paper using Distress Tea Dye ink and I applied the paints with brushes size 0, 2, 4, 6.

I  added a black banner as it seems to pop up a bit more.

I used SSS Stained Glass Love stamp set and I  heat embossed the sentiment using Nuvo Clear ink and Nuvo Fine Detail Embossing Powder.


As I mentioned in a previous blog post using Gouache... Just to make a comparison so you could understand a bit more about  Gouache characteristic: Gouache is to watercolour paints what Distress oxides are to traditional Distress inks...  can you imagine how cool is that? PLOP

What do you think? do you like the paint colours and the look and feel of this card?

That's all for today! 

Thanks for stopping by and thanks in advance for your comments.  I love to read them and to know what do you think.

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly on your email please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!


Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi

Supplies 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs