Jane Davenport NEW Artomology + Making Faces Blog Hop | Touslede Etched Dies

June 28, 2019



Hi everyone, welcome to my blog and to Jane Davenport NEW Artomology + Making Faces Blog Hop.

We are celebrating her latest and inspiring product collections!

Today I'm featuring  Tousled Etched Die Set and Birthday Suit Pastels Set.


How I did it 

  • I die cut a 5x5 inches piece of white cardstock using Tousled Etched Die Set and the Spellbinders Platinum Die Cutting.
  • Then, I coloured the die cut silhouette using a mix of blue Copic Markers and blue ColourSticks By Jane Davenport.  I added skin tones in some areas of the face and hot pinks and red on the lips.
  • Next, I grabbed the face negative die cut and using a small make-up brush I applied some of the gorgeous pinks and brown pastels from Birthday Suit Pastels Set on it. This was enough to add a little bit of colour to the face and keep the balance on the colouring.
  • I  also decided to stamp a sentiment in the front panel and to make some flowers to add on the girl's hair.  The sentiment and flowers are from Bloom Where You Are Planted stamp set by Stephany Low. 
    At that stage, all I needed was to glue the pieces on a card base but I  decided to add a shaker.
  • To assemble the card, I adhered a piece of acetate behind the front panel and then I glue the coloured silhouette and the negative die cut of the face in place.
  • Using the Tousled Etched Die Set  I also die cut a piece of craft foam to make a box behind the die cut image to add sequins and confetti.
  • I simply adhered the craft foam behind the front panel using double-sided tape and making sure the die cut window aligned perfectly.
  • I added  Nuvo Confetti in blue, purple and white.
  • I also embellish using Pink Orchid Nuvo Drops.

Giveaway

To celebrate this release, Spellbinders is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 3 lucky blog readers – selected from the comments across all of the blogs in the hop.

 Giveaway closes on Sunday, July 7th 11:59 pm EDT. Winners will be announced on the Spellbinders blog hop post the following Monday. The winner is responsible for shipping cost, duties, and taxes.

Blog Hop



Making Faces by Jane Davenport Starter Kit Bundle
 Making Faces By Jane Davenport Starter Kit Bundle.
$166.39  $125.00


Join Making Faces Free Online Workshop 

Jane Davenport is having a free  Making Faces Online Workshop.  Click  here to register !!!

This is an online art class and you can tune in when convenient, enjoy the lessons at your own pace, rewind as needed and learn in your pyjamas if that’s what suits you!

Make sure to join the class and enjoy learning new fun techniques.

That's all for today.

Happy crafting!

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly in your inbox please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Any questions? please ask. :) 
x
Bibi

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

40 comments

  1. What a great idea to have a die for a face. I am really into dies these days....I love how you decorated the background for the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting card. I have never used the die cuts before. I like the shKer design that added fun color for the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this new collection so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful creation!! The shaker is a creative idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! I love the tropical vibe. I'm just getting started with some of Jane Davenport's products as well as her die cutting machine from Spellbinders. Appreciate your tutorial and the Blog Hop, so many talented and creative contributors.
    Thank you ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun shaker card.. just wowww..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need this die in my life!!! It is so pretty and
    your card is just fabulous!! Shakers are my favorite
    type of card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you've done with the die cut!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shaker card is so fun! I love how you colored everything and added flowers to her hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great idea to make a shaker card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spellbinders Jane Davenport NEW Artomology + Making Faces Blog Hop and Giveaway. Following you on Fb. Hope to check in again, the next comming days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous job!!! I am in LOVE with the shaker hair!! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rosemarie RIcker29 June 2019 at 01:48

    Another fun stop on the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun to turn this into a shaker! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your art and inspiration. Best wishes to you and Jane for her global making faces launch. Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aren't Jane's art supplies the most wo wonderful to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its amazing! The first card of the hop and you nailed it! A shaker! :) tyfs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun new technique!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never tried a die cut before. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fun art and products! Terrific hop!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! SHAKER HAIR?!?! This is an amazing card and release! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such an amazing shaker card! Love the face die...
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cool idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous, Gorgeous is all I can say!! Great job!💖

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic shaker card Bibi. Love the sweet face die-cut... the little flowers in her hair look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE your shaker card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. love how you have used these new products -- so inspirational:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You may very well have converted this "I don't need the die cutter" gal. This is beautiful and so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fun, beautiful shaker. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a creative use for this die! Beautiful project. Thanks for sharing this inspiration with these fun products.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I NEVER would have thought to use this die as a shaker. Thanks for the idea! It looks awesome! Love how you explained your step-by-steps.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very unique idea!! I love it!! Love the colors and design!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful. Love the die and how beautifully your face tones are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs