6 Card Ideas - Spellbinders Kit of the Month January 2020

January 16, 2020



Hi everyone, 

Today I'm sharing super duper simple ideas to get crafty with "Love the Moment" the Spellbinders Craft Kit of the Month - January 2020.





The kit is packed with crafty supplies to create anything from little boxes, tags, mini cards or use different elements for scrapbooking.

It includes an 11 pieces die set and I used it to create the card below.




  • This is a very clever die set and all the little pieces you can die-cut to complete this convertible car are just darling!
  • The car assembled measures  4 x1-1/2 inches.
  • I completed the heart-shaped balloon by creating the strings: I  cut very thin strips of paper and I wind them around the tip of my pick tool to create the loops. 

Using the Kit Paper Pad, Stickers and Die Cut Shapes 

I also want to share with you a tip to easily put together different elements from this kit.

So if you haven't think about it I would recommend using Card Making Sketches.

  • I'm not a super fan of sketches but I found myself doing the same over and over so it is a pattern.
  • There are several sketches available online and on Pinterest.
  • The sketches will help you to save paper and to know where to start.
  • All you have to do is to find a sketch you like, cut the paper accordingly 
  • Glue the paper panels in place and start layering the elements over.

I have two sketches for you today!

Sketch 1 

Diagonal Paper Cut. 

  • Simply cut the patterned paper to the size of the card base and cut it in a diagonal.
  • You can use both pieces as you see in the picture above.
  • Add a contrasting paper over the diagonal cut.  I added a gold stripe of cardstock. 
  • Do not forget to add sparkling embellishments.  


Sketch 2 


Horizontal Paper Cut 

  • Simply cut the patterned paper to the size of the card base.
  • Then trim the paper in horizontal to the size desired.  I cut 1" inch of the bottom.
  • You can use both paper pieces although I only used the larger pieces for both cards above.
  • I added a gold piece of paper on the edge of the patterned paper.
  • Next, I layered die cuts and stickers included in the kit as shown in the pictures.

Go Minimal 



I like minimalistic compositions. So here is an example of how easy is to make an effective card with the perfect message and all the supplies are included in the kit except for the liquid glue.

  • TIP: To make the banners pop up a little bit add a matting layer of metallic cardstock behind. It will make all the difference.

That's all for today.
I hope you like these ideas
Happy Crafting!
x
Bibi


SUPPLIES LIST 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 

Thanks for your support!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs