Simon Says Stamp Hey Bestie and Love You More Release Blog Hop- Day 2

January 11, 2020



Hi everyone! Welcome to Hey Bestie and Love You More Blog hop by Simon Says Stamp!

There are so many beautiful papercraft supplies in this release but the new  Peony Bouquet stencil is a must-have.

I couldn't stop using it!! I wanted to try different ink qualities and color combos to see how they look and I filmed the process!



If you don't fancy long videos you can watch a 3-minutes video here to see how I made this cards.


Painting Through Stencils

Using the stencil as you see in my video above was very relaxing. 

At some stage,  I felt I was painting through the stencil so although we are not really painting there is still an artistic and creative process in which we shape the gorgeous stenciled flowers with a brush and ink.

So that's why I dared to call my video painting through stencils... although technically we just might be doing ink blending.

Top Tips

  • You can use any ink to create these backgrounds.
  • It is essential to use makeup - brushes for a smooth ink application.
  • Start working from the lightest to darkest ink colors.
  • Do not cover a layer of color with others, instead allow each ink color to be seen in the final result.
  • For smaller areas, you can use small brushes and for larger areas, you can use larger brushes but of course, you can work with what you have.  

Distress Inks


The first inks I tried were Distress inks Oxide and traditional.  This seems to be always the first choice!

These inks are great for ink blending. They are the smoothest inks and easy to apply on smooth cardstock. I love to use them on Smooth Strathmore Bristol paper and I even like the ivory color of the paper as it also looks like cotton paper or watercolor paper.

Distress Inks dry fast and they are waterbased so you can also apply different coloring techniques with them achieving lose watercolor looks and vibrant colors. 


Ink Colours -Flowers | Antique Linen ( Traditional),  Salty Ocean  (Oxide),   Blueprint Sketch  (Oxide).
Ink Colour -Leaves | Bundled Sage, Mowed Lawn.
Paper | ARCHES cold press watercolor paper,  Tonic Ivory White Card Blanks  - Imperial Blue Mirror Glossy Card.


Ink Colours -Flowers | Shaded Lilac (Oxide),  Seedless Preserve ( Oxide) , Dusty Concord (oxide), Dusty Concord ( Traditional). 
Ink Colour -Leaves | Bundled Sage, Mowed Lawn.
Paper | Bristol,   Purple Mist Mirror Satin Card, Tonic Ivory White Card Blanks.

Simon Says Stamp Die Inks


I really love the look and feel of stenciled images using Simon Says Stamp dye inks. 

The inks produce a velveted look hard to describe but very unique and pretty. 

Although these inks are not as easy to blend as distress inks you can still achieve smooth transitions using makeup brushes.

The only tip I might share here is that would be great to tap the brush on a glass mat or over the stencil before applying the brush on the paper to avoid patches of ink as the first load of the ink will be discharged directly from the brush on a specific area of the paper and depending the ink color you are using the patches can be more noticeable but hey! sometimes the patches are nice too and intentional.

Ink Colours -Flowers | Cotton Candy, Pink Apple, Apricot.
Ink Colour- Leaves | Green Apple,  Sunshine.
Paper | Bristol, Tonic Ivory White Card Blanks .

Ink Colour - Flowers | Duckling, Sunshine, Apricot.
Ink Colour -Leaves | Green Apple,  Sunshine.
Paper | Bristol, Tonic Ivory White Card Blanks.

Spectrum Noir Harmony Opaque Inks


Several months go I received a couple of testers of the new Spectrum Noir opaque inks. I guess these inks will be available everywhere soon! I hope so.

So  Peony Bouquet stencil was the perfect crafty supply to give them a try.

These inks are creamy and when applying them on the paper you will feel like if you were applying clear sticky ink but these inks are loaded with colour.

You can use them on dark paper too!

They are slow drying so they are designed to do embossing as well.

So I made a couple of panels with this bold inks also to share bold sentiments from Miss You Missi,  the stamp set is so gorgeous.

Ink | Spectrum Noir Harmony Opaque Blues and Purples
Paper | Bristol, Tonic Ivory White Card Blanks.

Ink | Spectrum Noir Harmony Opaque
Paper | Bristol, Tonic Ivory White Card Blanks


Bonus Project


The size is up to you

I used some of the panes I didn't use for this blog post to try the new Nested Tags die set included in this release. 

Last Christmas I made the tags here and these die set will be an awesome replacement for the die set I used and that has been retired from the market.

So although these tags are super simple  I  really wanted to share the extra idea.

You can make projects in any size using this beautiful stencil.

 Blog Hop

The next in the hop is the super talented Gayatri MuraliMake sure to keep hopping to see what everyone is making!

For more inspiration visit the Day 1 of the hop here  and  the Hey Bestie and/or Love You More galleries.


$25 Gift Voucher Simon Says Stamp

Giveaway 

Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from the  blog comment section. 

Winner will be chosen over the weekend and post on the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 15th of January.  

Make sure to check to visit the Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday to check if you are a happy winner!

That's all for today.  
Happy crafting!

Supplies List 


Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 


Thanks for your support!

You Might Also Like

105 comments

  1. WOW!!! Absolutely stunning and oh so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobi,
    What beautiful cards you created using one beautiful product! I love all the colors you used, they’re just beautiful! I also love the black sentiments, they really pop against the gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job with the new stencil! I like that you shared the different inks that you used, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they are all so pretty!!! Thanks for explaining how you created these with the stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE how you showed so many uses for the stencil. I love the different colors and I will watch the video. I need to get better as using my stencils. I do wish I had purchased this one now after seeing how you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Stunning cards! Thanks for sharing all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful. I am in love with the new stencil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats you won the giveaway. Please visit : https://bit.ly/2RqlxCT to claim your prize.

      Delete
  8. Love all the ways you have used the stencil

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I LOVE what you did with the stencils! SOOOOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW !! I love the soft palate of your cards, this stencil just went on my wish list after seeing your beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful! I loved this stencil already, and now I love it even more! The mirror cardstock looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! Love the sparkle and shine you used!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flowers are gorgeous. I have to give
    this technique a try - I'm not too good
    at coloring but this sounds like fun.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! You have brought this stencil to life. All of the cards are spectacular. This is a must-have.

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I saw this stencil I immediately ordered it because I thought it had so much possibility for many different looks and I thought it would sell out fast. You definitely show that with all these beautiful cards and they are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are gorgeous. the Peony Bouquet stencil is one of my favorites from this wonderful release.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely painted cards. Your hints for coloring through stencils are so helpful & appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the great inspiration. I love the new release. Loads of great products, especially the new envelope dies. It will be fun to make matching, funky envelopes so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow! These are ALL gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colour combos used with this stencil Bibi and the tags (for me) was a fabulous bonus!
    Can’t wait to get in my room to play. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love how you created so many different looks with one stencil, just brilliant! Really love that mirrored cardstock you used, to die cut the "You Are Loved" from, really looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Remarkable release and so very versatile…creative inspiration galore!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is such a pretty flower no matter what color it is.
    Your cards are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful collection of beautiful cards. I love your tips and the colors you used are awesome. That Tonic mirror card looks so amazing for the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  25. All of these are beautiful! A wonderful use of the stencil with the various methods.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The frame and sentiments in the mirror is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my I love your cards. Thank you for making the video showing how you created them and for sharing your color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm in love with your cards!! I love how you used different colors to showcase this wonderful new stencil. The tags are exceptional!! I would have never thought to do that. I'll will add that to my idea book!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great idea on mass producing using this stamp set.
    natgodfrey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such beautiful cards! Each color combination you chose was lovely. Didnt see the Spectrum Noir inks being used - how did I miss that? Anyway they were all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, I didn't include it as I notice the inks are not available everywhere after making the video !! I should include it anyway. :( silly me.

      Delete
  31. These cards are gorgeous!! I love the Peony Bouquet stencil and you showcased it beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. How beautiful! Loved this stencil already and the mirror cardstock looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. gorgeous cards - love the wonderful colors on them:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. So lovely - I love all the variations of that stencil - your inking/colouring is so lovely and I absolutely love those tags - especially the shaker tag with the gray stenciling - very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful colors! Love how this stencil can be used for lots of holidays and just regular days.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy New Year Bibi, I hope that it will be a healthy and creative one.
    Your cards are gorgeous, I love this awesome stencil and what you did with it
    Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration and the video tutorial, have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Super post and beautiful cards! I love how
    you "dissected" all the inks for us!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the different looks each card has with the different colors

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you for all the tips for ink blending and the peony stencil is a must have !

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your cards and your tags! Beautiful color blending!

    ReplyDelete
  41. great technique of painting through stencils. beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I've never used stencils to make cards but these are very nice. I need to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such beautiful cards from one stencil!! Your tags are sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Really like those word dies! Great work with the flower coloring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  45. These cards are GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for sharing the instructional video and tips! This stencil went right on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love what you did with these. They are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such gorgeous cards! Love the colors of the flowers.
    Great stencil and die cut words...
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is a stunning technique.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful cards and colouring, the blue/green is my favourite. And I love your shaker tag.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh what beautiful cards and tags! Lovely color combinations and stunning designs.

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is a lovely stencil and you have created beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  53. So pretty! Colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I am absolutely in love with your color palette with your cards! So beautiful! And thanks for your tips; they are very helpful! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  55. You did this stencil proud! What a delightful showcase of your talents and this clearly fabulous set of releases! Thanks for the inspiration on using colored mirror cardstock (vs just gold or silver) and forreminding me I don't have to use an entire stamp or stencil to put it to great use, e.g. the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Beautiful cards with this stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thank you for the list of tips.

    Merrill P

    ReplyDelete
  58. The entire set of cards you created hold so much beauty with the way you ink blended the flowers. I especially appreciate your using different types of inks and labeling them to demonstrate the effect you can achieve with each. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  59. wow gorgeous ink blending and colour combos, I'm swooning for these!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Super beautiful set of cards!! Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. This stencil is one of my favourites from this new release. Loved your video process and all of your cards, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wonderful colors. Outstanding cards.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Beautiful cards. So soft and delicate looking.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Such gorgeous cards! Love the beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Pretty colors on your cards and tags.

    ReplyDelete
  66. This floral stencil is very beautiful and I love your blend of colors with just a little sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the beautiful stencil design and the way you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  68. You have created so many beautiful cards. After watching your video, I'm encouraged to try this technique and I love this stencil. Excellent work...video and cards!
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Your stenciling is beautiful. These make me wish I would have added it to my shipping cart before I checked out. It'll have to go on my wish list now. I really like that first tag.

    ReplyDelete
  70. OM goodness.....I love these cards. I KNEW I like this stencil now I love it. You are such an inspiration, I love the way you “teach” as you demonstrate. Eres una maravilla con tus creaciones.!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Each of those cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Awesome inspiration and wonderful cards using this stencil, thanks for sharing the details

    ReplyDelete
  73. Wow-these are beautiful. Love all the colors you used & thank you for all of the tips you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  74. I absolutely love this stencil. Can't wait to play with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Oh my, so many beautiful peonies! I'm in love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love your colorful cards - and the tip on the Tonic card bases! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Enjoyed watching how you created these your cards, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Lovely cards, Bibi! That peony stencil is great! Thanks for your inspiration and the added bonus of tags.

    ReplyDelete
  79. I love the colors you used on these cards. :) Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Marisela Delgado said: Wow, Bibi, your cards are gorgeous! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  81. Your cards with the new Peonies stencil are all gorgeous!! Thanks for the technique video, tips and sharing your amazing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Great stencil tutorial. Enjoyed your soft coloring and shiny die words.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Love your use of color. Your cards are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love the Peony Bouquet Stencil and I love the color combinations that you used on these lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Your projects are so pretty and your ink blending is amazing! This stencil is at the top of my wishlist now!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Your Peony Bouquet cards are gorgrous; my favorite are the salty ocean and the shaded lilac !! You did that stamp proud !!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Beautiful, beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Amazing cards with the peony stencil! I love the different inks that you used and how they created unique cards. So pretty. Thanks for creating and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  89. The peony stencil is one of my favourites so it was great to see your cards done in different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  90. The peony stencil is one of my favourites in the set. Your cards are so pretty and it was nice to see the different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  91. The peony stencil is one of my favourites in the set. Your cards are so pretty and it was nice to see the different colours. DebbieC

    ReplyDelete
  92. Gorgeous cards! I love all the different techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Marisela Delgado said: Que lindas tarjetas! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  94. Beautiful cards, love all the ink blending and your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Amazing cards...beautiful use of stencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Beautiful creations, I especially love the lighter purple flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  97. So beautiful love these cards

    ReplyDelete
  98. All your creations using the Peony stencil is very creative and beautiful. Thank you for your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs