Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil February 2020 | Art Studio Glimmer

February 18, 2020


Hi everyone,  this month's Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Kit ( February 2020) it is called "Art Studio Glimmer" and includes 3 different plates to add hot foiled patterns to your artwork.

I think these plates will certainly add a wow factor to any watercolored piece.

I keep it simple and I used Fun Stampers Jurney liquid colors to do some ink smooshing on watercolor paper to then apply the foil.

What a cool concept! Love it!


Oh! As the hot foil looks different in pictures depending on the lighting and the angle you take the picture,  I took two different photos so that you can appreciate the shine of "Gold Hot Foil Roll" included in the set.

In the first picture in this post,  the foil looks a lot shinier as it was taken right from above the cards with a light source in the left and for the second one I removed the light source and I moved a little bit to the left.

The Glimmer Hot  Foil add shine to your projects like no other supply for papercraft and it also a beautiful professional touch.

Watch 2 -1/2 -minute video to see how I made these cards. 



To bear in mind:

  • I'm used the Spellbinders Hot Foil System, Compatible with the Spellbinder 6" and A4 die-cutting machines, Jane's Davenport Die Cutting Machine and the Big Shot. 
  • Once your machine is hot ( red and green light will be on)  foiling is a very quick process. 
  • All you have to is to click on the " timmer button" and wait for it to stop flashing.
  • carefully remove the platform from the heat foil system and run it through your die-cutting machine.
  • Hot plates will be "HOT", use tools to handle the plates on the platform.
  • Extra shims of paper will cause over foiling. 
  • I use a thin piece of paper to protect the plates from getting foiled. Although the hot foil doesn't damage the plates, I just want to keep them tidy to share videos with you.

Join Now Here and Save 10% Off the purchase of the Glimmer Hot Foil System
*You may add the system at the time of subscription.


That's all for today.
I hope you like these ideas.
Hugs
Bibi

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.

Thanks for your support!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs