Simon Says Stamp Lucky to Know You Blog Hop - Day 2 | 5 Card Ideas

March 07, 2020


Hello everyone, Welcome to my blog.  I hope you are having a great day!

Today we are celebrating Lucky to Know You a new exciting Simon Says Stamp Release and I got
5 cards to share with you + 2 short videos.

I'm featuring Crocus Flower Wafer Die. Isn't it gorgeous?



So, I was determined to do something simple for you today, something easy with a lot of texture, character and great finishing.

From the wide variety of ideas that crossed my mind,  I first started with a very easy layout that reminds me of my first makes.

Simple Multicolored Cards


  • First, I cut the flowers out of the three different paper colours.
  • Then, I run the die through the die cutting machine hoping to get all the pieces together.
  • I carefully removed the die cuts from the machine and added washi tape at the back of the flowers to keep all the pieces together.
All the "tiny words stamp sets" by Simon Says Stamp are a great addition to your stash .. they are so super useful.

Watch 2-minutes video on Instagram to show you how I made this card!



  • I also stamped the envelopes using Greetings Mix a stamp set that includes 24 different sentiments, in different fonts and sizes.


Die Cut Pannel



I managed to add various flowers on the main panel to create a very simple composition.

The sentiment is from Bunny Kisses Wafer Die and I framed the little composition using A2 Double Stitched Frame dies By Honey Bee Stamps.

I also used the new Stitching die by Simon Says Stamp to add texture to the background. I only pass it through the machine once, hoping to only create an impression on the paper.

To fully cut a panel with this die Ill advice to use it in with a  metal shim and run the die through the machine a couple of times.

Shakers and Paper Piecing Tips


Crocus Flower Wafer Die will also allow you to create windows and the negative space will allow room for shakers, paper piecing or coloring  so I couldn't resist making a couple of samples to share with you...



For this card, I also made my own DIY textured paper.

I applied a simple technique to achieve the look and feel of  Watercolor Cauliflowers. I love that texture!!

To achieve it,  I used Nuvo Aqua Flow pens. You can try any other liquid, high pigmented, water-based pigments you might have.

 Cauliflower Texture Technique 

  • Apply Nuvo Aqua Flow ink on a non-porous surface.
  • Spray water over the ink.
  • Place a piece of watercolor paper over the inked water.
  • Using a heat tool "semi-dry the paper"
  • Do not dry the paper completely!!
  • Dab the paper again on the inky surface.
  • Repeat until achieving the desired look.


I also used a sentiment from Tiny Words Encouragement Stamp Set and I added a texture to the background using Floral Reflexion Cut and Emboss Folder by Spellbinders.

For the shaker, I used SSS clear sequins and Nuvo gemstones.



  • For this card, I did some paper piecing.
  • The flower and leaves were die cut out of my DIY  Nuvo Aqua Flow cauliflower effect watercolor paper.
  • I also used the Cauliflower effect of watercolor paper.

Note: I tried to use Zigs to achieve the cauliflower texture as people have been asking me if is possible to use them to do this. Sadly they do not perform the same than the Nuvo Aqua Flows.

You can see the little piece of paper made using Zigs on the edge of the card.


Blog Hop




The next in the hop is the amazing Gayatri Murali .
Happy hopping !!




For more inspiration make sure to visit Lucky to Know You Gallery.

Make sure to subscribe to my blog or come back later to see other ideas I'll be sharing using goodies from this release!!

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting
x
Bibi

Giveaway 

Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from the blog comment section.

Winners will be chosen over the weekend and post on our Simon Says Stamp blog on Wednesday, the 11th of March.

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.

Thanks for your support!

You Might Also Like

102 comments

  1. love this release! Your cards are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving us so many pretty cards. I love the Marilyn background die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paper piercing is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combination

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful set of cards !
    Thank you for sharing how you created them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You really went to town! I especially like the last card, but the concept and color choices for the first one are interesting. Gotta see if I can Pin them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your paper pieced crocus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your color choices on these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've shared a fantastic range of cards featuring this pretty die!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many ideas with just one die! Super creative! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful cards. We need a video!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this die and such unique colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your beautiful cards and definitely this die.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the background papers you made and paper-pieced back into the die. You must show us how you made this beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards!! Love that die!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely colors of cardstock... This crocus looks like stained glass, lovely. The two background does are wonderful and I think I want everything... Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the card with the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those cards. The crocus flower die is definitely one of my favorites from this fantastic release and you've done a great job showing its versatility.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The shaker/paper pieced cards
    look like stained glass.
    Beautiful cards.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really beautiful designs!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the shaker card in green...different and pretty. I really like the paper pierced one too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards! Fabulous release!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Crafty & pretty on thdd Crocus creations.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards, I especially lime the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty cards! Love the shakers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the "cauliflower effect" technique. It has the look of cloisonne, so elegant and luxurious.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love all the pretty color combos you used with this awesome die. The last two cards are really stunning and I love shakers!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Crocus Flower die was not at the top of my list, but after seeing all the beautiful ways to use it, I'm now moving it up. Your cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your Easter Wishes panel card. Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, what a gorgeous cards with the crocus die. Great to see so many variations. Thank you so much for your video and sharing your inspiration. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful Cards! Love the crocus die! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That paper pieced card is gorgeous! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love all the texture you created on your cards! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is a super release and you have made some beautiful cards and tags!

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are all so beautiful! The Easter Wishes is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your cards are gorgeous! I love all the different designs you created, especially the second card with the multiple flowers in the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such gorgeous cards! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love all of the texture on your gorgeous cards. This new release from Simon is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the stain glass look.

    ReplyDelete
  41. WOW - love the technique for creating those lovely panel - Your video is really inspiring - l will be watching it again and again for more inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I've never before heard of the cauliflower technique. TFS your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  43. So excited about this release and I love your ideas using the crocus die, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful cards! I love that crocus - and the other - die cut flowers from this hop! And thank you for sharing your DIY watercolor paper. Such a neat idea, and beaufiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the shaker cards you made with the crocus die.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Amazing cards - I especially love the paper-pieced crocus

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh these are each so lovely! I love the elegance of each of your flowers and how very creative they are - you could make flowers upon flowers with these beautiful dies and stamps! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  48. the gold looks AMAZING. It is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  49. that die is gorgeous and you've used them in such beautiful ways

    ReplyDelete
  50. Awesome cards: paper piercing and shaker card combo.....fantastic creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love your crocus cards, very pretty. Unfortunately, the die is already out of stock at SSS!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Everyone of your cards is gorgeous! I believe I can do this! I haven't done the cauliflower technique before but you inspire me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Amazing background for your daffodil die and love the idea of the cling wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow, Bibi, how amazing your cards are! Love your spring colors. I especially love the ones that look like stained glass!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great release! Gorgeous creations! I especially love the cauliflower texture watercolor technique for your Tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Gorgeous creations! Your DIY papers are divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wow!! Just when I thought you were finished, you showed another beautiful card using this fabulous tulip die!! Great color combos on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Awesome release! Gorgeous creations! I especially love the tulips with the cauliflower texture coloring technique!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Absolutely gorgeous cards! Love the shaker tag card.
    Thanks so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  60. Oh, these cards are gorgeous! I love the shaker cards! Stunning! Thank you for sharing! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wow! These cards are gorgeous! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Your cards are fabulous. I really like what you've done with those crocus dies. Thanks for the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love the paper piecing & those beautiful crocus!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Judy Rutherford8 March 2020 at 04:24

    Thanks so much for sharing - the crocus is one I decided I might need too!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hi BiBi! Love, Love Love the watercoloring and paper piecing! Just Awesome. Thanks, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  66. Beautiful crocus flowers and backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Great cards ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  68. You have created some interesting color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I loved your cauliflower effect.Will be trying these on my cards.Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  70. Beautiful card, love the flowers background one!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Oh, what a wonderful series of cards! Particularly interesting is the color combination of the first two. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  72. gorgeous cards ... love your colours

    ReplyDelete
  73. Your shaker card is super gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love the Crocus in all the different colors. Thanks for all the great tips in your video. The cards turned out lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  75. These are gorgeous!!! The Never Give Up one is my favorite!! Thank you!!!

    mrsirenegarcia@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  76. Thank you for all the tips and techniques - of course crocus flowers are the first sign of spring and just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Hello :) it's my first time to comment on your blog and I am happy to find your website! The card is out of this world wow really

    ReplyDelete
  78. The cauliflower texture technique is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Beautiful creations!!! So Springy!!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Beautiful cards, great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  81. SWOON!! I LOVE these, such STUNNING Designs!! THANKS for sharing the Video too and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Gorgeous cards! I love your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Stunning! That crocus die is definitely in my wishlist! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Your cards and tags are so lovely! So many cool techniques in your video, too! I really like the die cute tulips and the crocuses on the bold orange! And the shaker tag card. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Paper piecing items are gorgeous, like stained glass.

    Merrill P

    ReplyDelete
  87. Marisela Delgado said: Gorgeous cards, Bibi. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  88. I love your cards using the Nuvo pens!! Spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Wow is all I can say, no really WOW!! Love your cards! Thanks for the ideas and with one die. WOW, Happy Crafting Everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Great cards, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Great designs and I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  92. So many great ideas! Awesome. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Wonderful cards using the new release, love the shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Bibi, your cards are wonderful!!!! Love all the examples you showed us and such great 👍👍👍 colors! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Awesome set of inspirations! Love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  96. Beautiful cards! Love the springfilled looks!

    ReplyDelete
  97. WOW Bibi :) You've been one beautifully busy lady!!! I love them all but the two cauliflower technique cards really caught my eye! I'm going to give that new to me technique soon! Thanks for inspiring me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs