3 card ideas with Coffee and Tea Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamps.

May 30, 2017


Today I'm not only featuring  Coffee and  Tea  and Roses for You Stamp Sets  by Simon Says Stamp  but also an idea to recreate your favourite trinkets in your compositions or to  integrate real things around you in your art work.

I  love collectable teacups so this first card is a perfect example of the idea I want to share with you in this post.





I used Bristol Paper , Nuvo Brush Scrip Pens to add colour to the images and SSS Scallop Stitches Dies to add a decorative edge to the cards.  All supplies used to make these cards  are listed at the bottom of this post with links to shop!


I  heat embossed the teacup image with WOW Gold Embossing Powder  and  I added colours with Nuvo Scrip Pens. 


I also mix and match stamps to create patterns on die cuts or blank spaces . Today I used the tiny flowers and leaves  from Roses For You Stamp Set  to  stamp a pattern on the teacups. Click here to see other card examples.

For this card I used Antique Linen Distress ink  on Bristol Paper to apply a no line watercolor technique. I  hand cut the tea cup and pasted it down using foam pads just to add a bit of dimension.


I also  stamped the teacup in a piece of printer paper and I hand cut a negative mask of the cup to be able to stamp the little floral pattern just in the cup's body avoiding stamping over the edges of the image. 


This card was heat embossed and then I stamped over the cap body the little flowers from SSS Roses for you Stamp Set  using black ink by Simon Says Stamps


I love stitched edges dies as I really think  they add a very beautiful decorative element to clean and simple card designs.

And  as finishing touch in all my cards I like to  apply Clear Wink of Stella or Nuvo Shimmer Pen over the images. 

That's all! I hope you enjoy the project today 

Do not hesitate to ask any questions or leave a comment. I would love to hear from you!

Happy Crafting

X
Bibi

Supply List 

Find  supplies used in this post in Simon Says Stamp shop .  I joined their affiliate program, this meas that I get a small commission when you buy from the links below at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.


LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!
Join my Facebook group | contact me at bibicameron@gmail.com| Subscribe to my YouTube Channel Follow me on Google+ | Follow  me on Pinterest and Instagram | Follow my publications | Subscribe to Newsletter|


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Very beautiful cards Bibiana, I love them all!! I just love clean and simple cards... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and so beautiful Bibi! Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you've drawn inspiration from your beautiful collection of tea cups; the cards that resulted are absolutely stunning...and meaningful, in coming from something you treasure. I have three teacup/saucer sets from my grandma that I adore. You've certainly given me incentive to consider them possible 'muses' for future cards! Thank you!
    `carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely lovely! I really like how you used a negative space mask to stamp the images on the teacup. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs