No act of Kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted| Honey Bee Stamps

January 29, 2018


Being kind always pays well.  My parents, my HUGE Colombian family,  my community and my teachers: the Nuns, taught me kindness by example. They were always kind to me and to others.

My mum was called "aunty" by my brothers' friends and mine. I remember the time in which everyone, anytime was welcome to our house for a cuppa, for a chat or for food. We literally had the doors open and you could see my brothers' friends taking a coke from the refrigerator without asking for permission and then leaving shouting hello... "mi casa es su casa", I grew surrounded by trustable and loving people.

I'm a bit nostalgic today.  I have to say,  I miss the extra kindness of the people in my country.  I miss everyone... I miss the kiss on the cheek, the hugs, the smiles, the warmth of Colombian people.

Anyway .. this card made me remember all that! Kindness is so important in our society.



I loved coloring these cute images from Forest Friends Stamp Set by Honey Bee Stamps.

I applied a no line coloring on Canson watercolor paper with Kuretake Gansai Clean Colour  Real Brush.  I love Canson as this paper has very little texture.

I stamped the images with Antique Linen Distress ink  and the sentiment with Simon Says Stamp Black Ink...  The hearts with Real Read ink by Stampin Up!

Coloring....

  • I simply applied the first wash of colour from the markers directly on the dry watercolor paper.
  • The first generation of ink was applied right at the edges of the images.
  • Then using a slightly wet watercolor brush,   I diluted the ink, spreading it towards the center of the image.
Note: sometimes I blend colors when the ink is still wet, sometimes I applied a wash of color on top of other and I  then I blend them together.
That's how I get darker edges and lighter areas in the center of an image. 

To add vibrancy, I apply a few strokes of warm colors   e.g orange, yellow, red, and then I blended them with a water brush on top of the previous wash of color.

 To add shadows I apply darker inks in certain areas and I  also blend them with a water brush slightly wet.

To finish this card. I also added little dots on the images using a black and a white marker ( as I always do), and I applied Red Nuvo drops on the berries in the wee basket the hedgehog has in his hand.

That's all for today!  I hope you like this card and the products I used.

Do not forget to Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here to get my latest blog post or video directly in your inbox.

Happy Crafting
x
Bibi

Supplies list



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs