Watercolor pencils on vellum with An open heart by Stampin Up #GDP008 - CASE the Designer.

October 26, 2015


 Hi, I completely love "An open Heart" Stamp set from Stampin' Up!  and it just arrive with my last order so  I had  to give it a try  for the  #8  Global Design Project challenge: CASE the designer Kylie Bertucci.  Kylie is a very  talented and adorable Australian SU Demo,  founding member of our GDP team and some of her cards have an unique well defined retro style, minimalist and complex. She use a lot of geometrical shapes and beautiful color combos. So if you see this post before discovering Kylie's blog you defo should pay her a visit to travel to  a  different stamping universe.


In the Stampin Up family CASE or CASING means "Copy and Share Everything", it also  means reproducing an exact piece of artwork but in GDP we can CASE the colour combo, or  the sketch,  or even use the same stamp  set or  the theme to make  something new so  we are always open to see how far your imagination goes by having a source of inspiration. Please join us and on the Global Design Project Challenge # 8  click here to see instructions to participate 


 I CASE Kylie's sketch, the layering and the theme. I even use the idea of a small branch wrapping around the stamped sentiment but I added dimension and the little bird. 

I apply my grannies old colouring technique on vellum but instead embossing the images  by hand I used  clear Versamark ink and I added white stamping powder to stamp the images and I heated it up. But before stamping  I passed all over the vellum my "embossing buddy" to reduce  the static on the paper. To add colour I used watercolour pencils on top of the embossed images and  I passed a damp brush all over the images to blend the colours (this is easy and quick)   I used an eraser to clean the colour from the white embossing powder and add definition to the image and I trimmed the images. For the background panel I used  So Saffron and whisper white cardstock.    Please find below  supplies list to make this card.


Thanks for stopping by!  
x Bibi


Order Stampin Up supplies to make this project

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Wonderful Card Bibi! You are so adorable and way too kind to me. Thank you. xx It is wonderful to have you in the Global Design Project Design team what an incredibly talented and amazing person you are. I adore your take on my card - the watercolouring on vellum is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you invite me to be part of this. Thank you for your kind words. x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card and it must have taken you ages to colour your bird so beautifully, you did a great job Bibi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle x. Adding colour with watercolour pencils is easy peasy and quick it remind me the time in which my mum and I used eye shadows to add colour to vellum) :) Non SU but worth to share this techniques. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh la la. This card is just a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watercoloring on vellum. Brilliant - and the effect is perfect. So much work in this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Brian.. it looks like a pile of work but the true is that this card is easy and quick.

      Delete
  5. I love this so much. What a wonderful idea to watercolor on vellum. I am looking forward to trying your granny's technique! It is so very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jennifer, I'll make a wee video tutorial ASAP and uploaded in my youtube channel.. this technique is so easy and fun! x

      Delete
  6. I have never tried watercolour pencil on vellum before Bibi, but I love the effect you have achieved. I love the spotted background with the striped piece of DSP, it adds a lot of depth to this gorgeous card ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Paula. This is a classic... you can also try eye shadows to add colour to vellum and baby oil to make the vellum translucent... the results are quite spectacular. That's how my mum used to add colour to cards years and years ago. even before SU.

      Delete
  7. wonderwonderwonderful! I'm in love with your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your technique in this card. I have used watercolour pencils before on vellum but I haven't embossed on vellum.
    Your card is so lovely. Fussy cutting works well on this. I tried the bird builder punch for the bird but it just doesn't fit, a bit small. Your mum and gran must have been good teachers and it shows in your crative work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you scored your banner or is it black and gold stripe. It's a bit hard to tell in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI, I used gold card stock and a paper crimper to corrugate it ;)

      Delete
  10. What an artful (?) card. There are soo many elements, that makes it like a treasure art project. Love, love, love it.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you used the watercolor pencils on vellum. It created such a lovely effect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colours on this card are so stunning Bibi and I love that you used one of my favourite stamp sets! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs