Easy cards using What's your type by Stampin' Up! #GDP009 - Colour Challenge

November 02, 2015

Hello crafty friends, thank you for visiting my blog today. Its Monday and in Global Design Project we got " a new colour challenge" for you. We are using 3 different colours from the new in colours collection from stampin up:  Tip top Taupe, Mint Macaroon and Watermelon Wonder and I made not 1 but 3 cards for this challenge.  I used   "What's your type" ,  "One big meaning", "Another thank you" Stamp sets to create 3 completely different  bold cards, all of them easy and quick. I hope you like them.




 2 layers card : one of them in watermelon wonder color and the frontal panel in whisper white card stock  randomly stamped to create a  background  using cool geometrical stamps  of  "What's your type" stamp set.   I  add a  banner  in black card stock  and I  stamped  on it a Thank you  sentiment from "one big meaning" stamp set, I used  clear Versamark ink  and white stampin embos powder. to  embellish  the card I used silver thread and Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers. 

I had fun with this multilayered card as I was experimenting  the "rock and roll technique" using the bigest circular stamp in  "what's your type" Stamp set . I have seen so many cool ideas using this technique and circular stamps on internet  that I saw an opportunity here to use it. I  inked the stamp and I discharge the first generation of ink in a piece of paper and then I stamped on the whisperwhite card stock, then I stamped it again but only inking the edges of the stamp to create the balom shapes and shadows. The results were unpredictable but I made it work somehow.  the background panels  are made with tip top taupe and watercolour wonder card stock. I  also used a sheet of  striped DSP from "cherry on top" stack and one of the stamps in  "Gorgeous grunge" to  add the splattered int macaroon ink effect. 

Another easy  background using "what's your type stamp set" and the challenge colours  and  one of the stamps of "another thank you" Stamp set. 

I got the clear version of "One big meaning" stamp set , I completely love the high quality rubber in this stamps that provide a clear stamped image.

"What's your type" stamp set is available in Photopolymer so it is easy to overlay the images to create shapes and figures. my next post is using this set to create an artistic composition. 

"What's your type" a set of 23 clear stamps  and "One big meaning" a set of 7 thank you sentiments in different sizes. LOVE THEM BOTH!

Thanks for stopping by and please join us and on the Global Design Project Challenge # 9  Click here to see instructions to participate 

Get Stampin Up products today and enjoy stamping with  quality  materials


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Great cards Bibi! Love how they are each so striking and bold. I think the first one is my favourite though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Jess, I agree with you. the first is my favorite too. I just like the idea of using the stamp to make balloons and easy geometrical -patterned backgrounds. Ill try to make another cards with the balloon idea :)

      Delete
  2. Wow these are fantastic Bibi! Just the style I love! Thank you so much for sharing all these great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is undeniable that you were a source of geometrical inspiration :) Ill call this " Bertucci" style. x

      Delete
  3. I love every single thing about all 3 cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing Bibi, I struggle to make one card let alone 3 different ideas! I love your cards and especially the background stamp using what's my type x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Michelle I know why you struggle to make a card. it is just because they are so much perfect :) Thank you for stopping by and your support. I couldn't have a better upline. x Bibi

      Delete
  5. Goodness, you have been busy and I love them all! So hard to pick a favourite. Loud and bold, each one, but perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!
    I love this stamp set - you have made a million more uses for it now.
    Awesome card Bibi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! So many, and crazy ideas! The cards remind me a little bit on my teenagertime in the 80´s! Tip Top.. note: A or in 1 (in Germany)
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bibi. 3 cards? You are amazing! So bold and beautiful, they are all gorgeous. Sending hugs from Australia. D x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs