STAMPING ON FABRIC WITH SWALLOWTAIL STAMP - BUTTERFLY CUSHION COVERS

November 30, 2015

I'm recycling an old post just to share with you the black and white version of the butterfly cushion covers  I made in a previous post applying a technique to stamp on fabric with Swallowtail stamp from Stampin' Up!  acrylic paints + fabric medium. 

Swallowtail  is a huge butterfly stamp, it measures 5-1/2"x4 1/2" inches= 14x 11.5cm and it is ideal to create not only paper craft projects but home decor elements. I completely love it as it is truly unique! 

WATCH RELATED VIDEO TUTORIALS
This will be the Xmas present for Yasmin one of my colombian cousins who fell in love with my cushion covers idea when she saw the pictures on facebook and as my daughter is travelling to Colombia  I thought this might be a nice  handmade Xmas present for her and a perfect match for a black couch she have in her tv room.   




I made 4 large cushion covers (20"x20" inches = 50x50cm)  using  upholstery fabric a blended Ivory cotton-polyester and a black high quality chenille for the back of the cushion covers. I also made a kind of carry bag with handles as shown in the picture below. I added a small embellishment to the bag using with Bold Butterfly framelits dies and  with the Rotary Alphabet stamp I stamped the name of my cousin.



Find tutorial to stamp on fabric here and keep an eye on my YouTube channel as I'm making the video as well to show you the whole process and how I sew this cushion covers.

Thanks for stopping by! and feel free to leave a comment I would love to heard what do you think about this project.  x Bibi

Order online swallowtail stamp by Stampin' Up!

You can get the cling version ( clear mount - you might need an acrylic block to use it ) or you can get the  wood mounted option.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So pretty! Love the bold black and bright red on the white background. So crisp and clean looking. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs