WATERCOLOR WINGS STAMPIN UP #GDP014 - Sketch Challenge

December 07, 2015

Hello there!  I hope you had a great weekend. Scotland is freezing cold now and we only got a few hours of daylight :( . I even got  flu that sent me to ER last week  but as I'm 7 months pregnant now I only can take paracetamol but  I'm doing fine and I keep myself  warm in a busy craft room and enjoying my time with Emma my precious little daughter.

Today, I want to start this week sharing another  Global Design Project challenge:  sketch challenge and I made 2 different cards,  the one in the pictures below  using Watercolor Wings Stamp set from Stampin' Up!  and  Bold Butterflies  framelits dies that coordinates with this stamp and a second one you can see by clicking here.

I  hand cut a square out of whisper white card stock  and using a circle punch I cut out its edges to create a label then I embossed it using Decorative Dots embossing folder and added colour  using daubers and  Perfect Plum ink  and  I passed on top a second generation of Gold Encore ink so the embossed dots got gold.



I stamped a butterfly in Perfect Plum ink and Blackberry Bliss ink using 2 stamps in Watercolor Wings stamp set and I  hand cut it.  I used  the smallest die in Bold butterflies dies pack  to cut a butterfly out of a Window Sheet. I pasted them together with a staple,and at the back of the butterfly  I pasted with a glue dot some golden fibres I got  from the Gold 1/8 ribbon  applying the Ribbon thread technique  by Krista Frattin. Krista is a very talented Canadian SU Demo and  I adore her ideas watch Krista video tutorial here or  down below to create designer thread accents from Stampin' Up! ribbon & bakers twine.



To finish I made a card base (6"x4"inches) using Crumb Cake card stock and I added a layer of Whisper White card stock, and  to complete the sketch  I stamped some dots in the superior edge using  Versamark ink, Gold Stampin  Emboss Powder and  the dotty stamp of Watercolor Wings stamp set and I embellished using Gold 1/8 ribbon.  I also stamped with Gold Emboss Powder the sentiment.



You can also participate in weekly challenge and share your projects and ideas  with talented paper craft artist around the globe . Click here to join the challenge of this week!

Thanks for stopping by and do not forget to leave a comment,  I would love to hear from you. x Bibi

Supply list: 


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. So lovely Bibi! This is such a gorgeous Clean and Simple design and such lovely colours that we don't see get used often. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie :) I love what you have done with " Love you Sew" stamp set for this challenge.

      Delete
  2. So many beautiful touches to this card, Bibi. The colors are so sweet, and the added thread makes for a lovely texture. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian thanks for your kind comment. :) I also love your amazing creations. x Bibi

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful take on this weeks sketch Bibi. I love the delicate, spotty border across the top which mimics the spots on your tag. The gold thread behind the butterfly is a beautiful touch. Thanks for sharing Krista's video on how to do that. I want to go and cut all my gold ribbon and unthread my Bakers twine now! Beautiful work as always. Feel better soon xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always thank you dear Paula to stop and taking the time to leave a comment. I know how busy you are. Krista Technique is a winner and it is great way to give an extra use to gold and silver ribbons!! x :)

      Delete
  4. Mmmmm ... Perfect Plum and Blackberry Bliss! A solid gold colour combination! :) Loving all the touches of gold Bibi, makes for a very classy card! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the most beautiful cards I've seen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card, so many beautiful techniques combine to make it just stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs