CHOCOLATE MATCHES BOX TUTORIAL + GOING GLOBAL STAMPIN' UP! GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT CHALLENGE #20

January 25, 2016

Today on Global Design Project Challenge  #20 we are CASING Connie Collins ! Yah, Connie is a very talented American Stampin' Up! Demonstrator  and  when I visited  her blog  last time she made me realize that I haven't use the gorgeous Hardwood Background Stamp by Stampin' Up! as I should.  She got so many beautiful projects made with this stamp that I haven't been only inspired by her card today but for her entire work. It is truly an honour to be part of GDP with her. 



CASE or CASING means "Copy and Share Everything", it also  means reproducing an exact piece of artwork but in Global Design Project we can also CASE the colour combo,  the sketch,  or even use the same stamp  set or  the theme to make  something new so  we are always open to see how far your imagination can go when having a source of inspiration. 



In the picture below Connie's card - The source of inspiration this week


I CASE the sketch and some of the elements and materials Connie used to create her card so here is my interpretation:


I made a  matches box  and it has an inside panel to add a personal message. I filled it with chocolates  but   this kind of  box can be used to pack anything and depending on the colours, the stamps or the elements you chose this project will look completely different.


I used Hardwood background stamp and Early Espresso ink to transform  the look and feel  of  Kraft card stock .  To stamp the heart image and sentiment  " you are my greatest adventure"  I used one of stamps of Going Global  stamp set  ( I used early espresso ink  on Kraft card stock too). I hand cut this image but this also coordinates with the Sweetheart Punch from Stampin' Up! as well.


I used a small heart die to cut out from  gold glimmer card stock  a  larger heart and to add interest  I embellished with  metallic gold baker twine and gold metallic thread.  I explain how to make this in my video HERE!


I use the Owl Builder Punch to punch out from gold card stock small hearts that I pasted on the front panel using multi glue and using one of the stamp of bear hugs  Stamp set I stamp the sentiment: I love you.



 You can also participate in this weekly challenge by clicking here!  feel free to use  the  colour palette, the sketch, the theme or you can also copy the exact Connie's  artwork.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like this project!  By the way the Scottish chocolates I used to fill the small box are yummy! x hugs from Scotland.

Order Supply materials

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Wonderful Project Bibi - I am sure Connie will be proud. Love what you have done with the hardwood making it so realistic! Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You have out done yourself. Amazing work Bibi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! lovely Petra, so thank you very much. x

      Delete
  3. Wow! Amazing idea and such a lovely creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Rosalie, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment I apreciate it very much. x hugs from Scotland. x

      Delete
  4. Great project and wonderful video. Thank YOU❣

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling little box Bibi. And I love the idea of having a panel to write a message on. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! I love how you have a card and box in one and your "latch" for the box is genius! Thank you for the tutorial—I'll be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bibi, I love everything you create and this is no exception...I think I might CASE you on this one. Hugs from Connie "Williams" Collins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie!!!!!! so sorry I know your last name is "Collins" of course but recently found my self calling you "Connie Williams" no idea why-lol . This might be because Teneale Williams, Jessica Williams? Artisan team? when filming my video I said Connie Williams several times so I have to repeat and repeat... :( lets say is the pregnancy is slowing me down. 21 days for my due date. Thank you very much for letting me know and what a honour casing you this week. x Bibi

      Delete
  8. Fabulous Bibi.... You are so creative...
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bibi .. this really does look like a little wooden matchbox!! So clever. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is awesome Bibi, I just love it. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little latch on this project!! Such a fun way to give a gift of chocolate AND a card all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This gift box is gorgeous, Bibi. It reminds me of when lover carve their names on the side of tree. Super cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Bibi. What a beautiful matchbox and a wonderful video tutorial too. D x

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great masculine project! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Que cosa mas linda!!! Me encantan todas tus creaciones Bibi - muy linda!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable Bibi, what could be nicer a beautiful card and chocolates too! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning! The 'wood' is looking very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I am amazed by your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs