From a stamp to clutch purses | Video Post

December 31, 2016


 Happy  New  Year Everybody!

To celebrate I'm releasing 2 video/ mini classes to show you how I  stamp on fabric to  make the clutch  purses in the pictures. These videos were private and  part of a private mini class and now they are public and free to watch.

 I hope you find these tutorials useful and you can make your own personalized purses.


These purses are fully lined, to make them I used  "open channel  metal frames" and the length of their side legs is  2-1/2" ,  in the part 1 of the video I show how to trace the pattern for this specific metal purse frames.

You can get this frames  online in 2 different types: sew on and glue on.  in the 2 part of the video I'm showing you how to attach  any of these frames to the purses.



VIDEO PART 1



• Materials required to make this project  (Fabrics, inks, Metal frame type)
• Drawing the pattern
• Cutting the fabric
• Stampin on Fabric
• Very basic colouring

VIDEO PART 2 




• Sewing the purse.
• Attaching metal frames. ( sew and glue on)

More info:

I used Pedal Pusher Stamp Set by Stampin' Up! from Sale- A -Bration 2016 now retired but you can use any stamp. Clear or rubber stamps will do the job however I noticed that  rubber stamps  provide a better impression on  fabric.

Stamping the fabric is pretty much the same that stamping on paper.  Not mystery right? the key will be the fabric and the ink you choose for your projects and the project as well.

I like to get  smooth  fabric. 100% cotton  absorb the ink better and will remain in the fabric.  The stamped images look fab in  some synthetic fabrics but the ink will vanish after the first wash even if they are permanent inks.

After experimenting with different materials I found that  "premium blackout lining" (the fabric used to make curtains lining) and the fabric I used to make these purses it is just  great for stamping and I love the results.  If you live in the UK you can buy it here!  if you don't live in the UK you might be able to get it your local fabric store.

I  have tried various inks as shown in the part 1 of the  video .   My advice is  check the back of the ink pad to confirm suitability  to stamp on fabric.   Water based inks will look gorgeous but they are "water based" so they will dissolve with water so you can't  wash a project stamped with this inks. you can stamp a project you will never wash and alternatively you can add clear embossing powder on top to protect the art work..

To stamp on fabric I like to use  a permanent, juicy, slow drying inks as Archival from Ranger or Stampin' Up! After  stamping I apply heat with an iron  and  I allow the ink to settle for a couple of days before washing. I stamped a project with  inexpensive black Hobbycraft ink (it was a hanging heart) and I washed  it a year after and the artwork is intact.  I tried the same ink in the video part 1. It bled when  I applied water 24 hours later.
Handmade stamping tent to fade whit every wash no matter how good are the products we used to do it  so another advice is stamp projects that do not need  to be washed often.


Thats all!  


Thank you very much for visiting my blog  today. I hope you enjoy this project . Do not hesitate to ask any question or leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.


LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!

I'm willing to share creativity and spread my love  for crafts and handmade products everywhere so please subscribe to  my blog or my YouTube Channel HERE. I'm in PinterestFacebook and Instagram.


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Loving these hand bags. Do you sell them and ship to the USA? I CAN'T SEW and I don't own a machine. Loved both videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for asking. I strongly believe that anybody can sew. as I say to my friends let the sewing machine to do the hard work for you. You can hand-sew this purses as well. If I can do it anybody can and trust me in that one. Lol I do not sell this purses I'm afraid. Motherhood ( 2 little babies) takes all my time and beyond. Perhaps someday I'll be able to make hand bags and purses to sell. x Bibi

      Delete
  2. Bibi these are amazing thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for generously sharing your video. You've made it all look so easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs