5 Card ideas with Balloon Adventures bundle by Stampin' Up!

January 14, 2017


Hello everyone, today I'm sharing 5 card ideas using Balloon Adventures Stamp Set and Balloon  Pop-Up Thinlits Dies from Stampin' Up! 

These were some of the projects I made as display stamper for the Stampin' Up! convention last November 2016 and I finally had a bit of time after Christmas to share them with you. I have some more projects coming soon +video tutorial using these tools with tips and trucks so do not forget to subscribe to my blog or to my Youtube channel Here.

For now I have 8 projects listed in my blog  using Balloon Adventures bundle  from Stampin' Up! 5 cards in this post  and a few more  here , here and here ! I hope you find them helpful.

Card # 1 

I was surfing the web  for ideas and inspiration and I found a card made by  Down Woleslagle  from Wplus 9 Design HERE!  I though I could  CASE it using completely different tools to make the  card below.

I love the biggest sentiment stamp in Balloon Adventures Stamp set and how its beautiful fonts stands out on a dark background. You can even make a "Happy  New Year" card with this set

 I simply heat emboss the sentiment using clear Versamark ink and ultra fine white embossing powder  by Stampin; Up! . I added floral images from  Jar of Love stamp set and dies.   

I used  Flirty Flamingo, Pear Pizzazz and Bermuda Bay ink colours and  Whisper White, Black and Flirty Flamingo cardstock by Stampin'  Up!

Card #2

You might think I went a bit far with this idea but why not making  fishes using one of the dies of  Pop Up Balloon dies and  stamp water waves using  the balloon string stamp of  Balloon Adventures stamp set?




How we can call this technique? Die-art? like punch art but with dies? This card might be the results of a lot caffeine in my blood stream. lol but  I kind of like it.   I love to explore new creative  ways to use  dies and stamps!

What do you think?

I used Itty Bitty Butterfly punch to create the fishes fins . The sentiment is from the new Hostess Stamp Set "Iconic Occasion".

 I used Dapper Denim ink and cardstock , Pool party,  Pumpkin Pie, Tangelo Twist, real Red ink  colours and off course Whisper White cardstock.  

Card #3

I used watercolor paper,  the bold balloon stamp, one of the balloon strings stamps  and a sentiment from in Balloon Adventures stamp set to make the card below.


You might know that sometimes when using bold stamps the stamped images do not look so well defined and they might have some white spots here and there.  Some people use the Misti stamping tool to stamp over an image several times. I like to stamp over and over  by hand . This is easy to do as you can see through the clear block and the stamp. 

I also stamp  the balloons and balloon strings with the same ink colour and when using watercolour paper  I also like to  apply a wash of  water  or more ink using aqua-painter or Stampin' write markers ( water based) to get shadows or lighter areas.

This is  one of my favorites  and ultra easy colouring techniques. I don't have a name for it but it also look like a no-line watercolor. This technique can be used with different stamps . Have a look HERE and HERE to see other cards made using this technique!


I used  Real Red, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay inks. The sentiment were stamped with black Stazon ink  on an acetate band which is wrapping the card front panel and pasted in the back with strong double sided tape. 





Card  #4


I also  made  windows using the balloon dies to make shaker card and  I made 3D balloon used as embellishment.   I think the 3D balloon are quite cool to decorate boxes, bags, frames, or any other project.


I used craft foam behind the front panel to create the negative space for this shaker card and to get the gaps aligned I simply place the front panel on top of the foam and I run them together through the Big Shot. 

A secret! I couldn't get sequins on time to finish this card (one of the issues of living in this small city in the North of Scotland and have limited time to browse local craftshops) so  I just leave the card alone. Invisible shaker card! lol

Oh! and  I used the gorgeous Party Animal Designer Series Paper at the background. Emerald Envy and Crushed Curry cardstock colours by Stampin' Up!

Card #5

I know that the mood of the card below is a bit blue but good enough to say: "Sorry you are sad... Love you much"  the sentiments are from  "Iconic Ocassions" Hostess Stamp Set  by Stampin' Up! and I used the teddy from Cookie - Cutter  Stamp Set, on of my favorites Christmas stamps ever. 





I just stamped the teddy  on watercolor paper with smoky slate and I stamped over and over until the colour went dark ( as this is a clear stamp it was easy to over stamp as I could see through the clear block).  Using an aqua-painter  I try to get some shadowing using the same ink colour.  I used a white ball pen to draw the teddy stitches as they vanish with the multiple stamping.

The balloon string bows are made with one of the dies in Pop Up Balloon dies as well.

Ink colours used: Smoky Slate, Real Red, Mint Macaroon, Pacific Point and Pool party.

Cardstock: Crushed Curry , Basic Black and Watercolour paper. 

Opsss !!! I almost forget the unforgettable : I applied Wink of Stella over all the images in all my cards today. I need to buy another Clear Glitter pen as this become a favourite finishing touch for my cards, 

That's all! for today. I hope you enjoy the projects and do not hesitate to ask any question or leave a comment. I would love to heard from you.

All supplies listed at the bottom of the post.

Happy Crafting.
x
Bibi


LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!

Join my Facebook group | contact me at bibicameron@gmail.com| Subscribe to myYouTube Cahnnel Follow me on Google+ | Follow  me on Pinterest and Instagram| Follow my publications | Subscribe to Newsletter|  



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. WOW! Love seeing all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blow my mind.ill have to look up "Iconic occasions" stamp set. I love the teeny tiny lettering of it. These cards are amazing. I just ordered this set/dies, and I can't wait to case the fish card. You are really so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful card ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such an amazingly creative mind & so much talent!! Thank you for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Each one is so different! I especially like #1 and #3. I love the Jar of Love on black. Eek!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs