Shabby Chic Cards style for Craft Stamper Magazine

January 24, 2017


When I was contacted by Trish Latimer the editor of Craft Stamper Magazine to be part of the February 2017 edition,  I asked her what should be my approach or what would be ideal to make. She said:"We have a mixed media focus, with lots of stamping involved. We don't do 'cute' styles really", so I tried my best to make something that took me out of my comfort zone. 

So that's how these cards where born...

 I have never made a shabby chic or vintage looking card so I went for it and  I nailed it but while  I was trying I  put together some interesting elements using Stampin' Up! Supplies.








I need to stress that these are not the exact same cards I sent to the magazine but I used the same design concept. 


I used Detailed Floral Thinlits dies, Flourishing Phrases bundle , Pansy Punch and Flower Shop Stamp Set by Stampin' Up! for both my post today and the article in the magazine. Find me in Pages: 60, 61,62,63.

My article includes step by step instructions to make quick and beautiful creased flowers using punches and an easy technique to stamp a striking distressed watercolor background with Stampin' Up! inks and their gorgeous and vibrant pigments. The inks blending is amazing and they provide a complete look and feel to the cards you see in the post today.

For the cards above I used Daffodil Delight,  Pool Party  and Whisper White Cardstock, and I embellished them  using  Rhinestone  Basic Jewels by Stampin' Up!

Below another version of this card in Blushing Bride, Smoky Slate and Whisper White Cardstock and I used a sentiment from Floral Phrases Stamp Set. 


To make the card above I cut a 10.5x 14.5 cm (  4-1/8" x 5- 5/8" inches)  panel and I double die cut it. First using Detailed Thinlits dies and later using an oval die to create the window in the center.


This panel will fit on  an A6 card but I made a larger card base in contrasting colour. (11.5x15.5cm) 

Below pictures of dies used and card parts



To cover the raw edges of the oval window in the center. I cut an oval frame using 2 oval dies (7cm and 8cm diameter ( 2-3/4"3-1/8" inches) but you can make the window and the frame as large as you want or in other shapes. 

You can also  Stitches Shapes Dies to make the window frame.



That's all!

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I hope you like these projects!


Do not hesitate to ask any question or leave a comment. I would love to heard from you.


All supplies listed at the bottom of the post.

Happy Crafting.
x
Bibi


LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!


Join my Facebook group | contact me at bibicameron@gmail.com| Subscribe to myYouTube Cahnnel Follow me on Google+ | Follow  me on Pinterest and Instagram| Follow my publications | Subscribe to Newsletter|  

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Wow. This is just amazing..... sodelicate and beautiful. I'm defiantly going to CASE it when I get these dies!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards Bibi!! I love the soft colours and all the layered textured. Congratulations on being published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bibi
    Love these cards... pretty cards.. love the background die... and the Flowers... I would love to receive a card like that Stunning ...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My cards have found the perfect recipient then. Will get it sent to you. :) x Hugs Bibi

      Delete
  4. Oh my lord these are just beautiful! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs