This month free gift on Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine...

January 26, 2017


Look at what I got in my last trip to Tesco. I landed in the magazine section as my toddler Emma was in desperate need to get a Peppa Pig magazine when I saw this month edition of Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine...


I just couldn't resist and grabbed  this  bundle of joy. It cost me  only £5.99 and it includes an embossing folder! I thin they are adorable so I just took some pictures to share them with you.

I have to say that I do not have any connection with the magazine... I just think this free gift is hot!   I had lots of free gift but this  is actually the very first time I use the free gift of a magazine to make something.

I'm loving those birds and the flowers.

 Free gift- issue #158 of Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine. 

 Stamping Tips of the day


  • Use professional smooth  Cardstock to achieve crisp images. I use Whisper White cardstock from Stampin' Up!   I think it makes all the difference not only in the stamping but in the look and feel of the cards. 
  • Used Stazon Jet Black ink to stamp  delicate lines, intricate details on smooth cardstock, vellum, glass or  acetate.  I find this ink to  be the TOP BEST PERMANENT INK  to get this job done properly on those surfaces.
  •  Use Memento black ink to stamp images you will be colouring. This ink  is fade resistant and it won't bleed if you apply colours with water or alcohol based  inks or markers.
  • Use twine, glitter pens to add shimmer to your images  and glossy accents to embellish.
  • Add dimension by stamping in a neutral colour  the same image underneath die cuts or hand cut images. 

   
To add  colour to the images in the card today I simply got ink from Stampin' Up! ink pads on my glass mat and I applied them to the images with  slightly wet Nuvo fine tip Aqua Brush . 

As I was working with Whisper White cardstock I needed to avoid excess of water or the paper will get damage.

 ink colours used:
 Real red ink for the flowers. 
Daffodil Delight , smoky slate and Tangelo  Twist inks for the birds.

I also used Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker  to add colour to the leaves and a  White Uniball pen to add accents to the birds and flowers.

To finish I have to say that I was impressed with the quality of this freebies, not only because the beautiful images and sentiments but because there was no need to use my Misti  stamping tool to double stamp . Sometimes  when using photopolymer stamps the images do not get so sharp or there are part of the images that actually don't get stamped but for my surprise these  stamps produced sharp images at first try!

That's all!

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I hope you like this card!

Do not hesitate to ask any question or leave a comment. I would love to heard from you. 

You can buy Stampin' Up! supplies to your nearest Demonstrator in the UK, JAPAN, CANADA, USA, GERMANY, NETHERLANDS, AUSTRIA! HERE or from the link below.


Happy Crafting.
x
Bibi


LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!


Join my Facebook group | contact me at bibicameron@gmail.com| Subscribe to my YouTube Channel Follow me on Google+ | Follow  me on Pinterest and Instagram| Follow my publications | Subscribe to Newsletter|  

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Hi Bibi
    I have just received my Mag... what a stunning card you have made... I love it... must try this set...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvie it is a beautiful set. :) x Bibi

      Delete
  2. I love the tip of stamping in a neutral colour underneath the highlighted image for depth. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Bibi and your colouring is superb. You have such a talent. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is exquisite. My SU upline referred me to your page because she knows I love the British cardmaking magazines. At least once a month I rush to the local book seller to grab the ones with gifts I like. Since I live in the eastern, mid-Atlantic US, we get them a month late, but I can hardly wait for this issue to arrive. That is definitely one of the prettiest gifts offered. Thank you for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, thank you very much for your kind comment, I hope you enjoy the Stamp Set as I do :)x Bibi

      Delete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs