Special Reason Stampin' Up! | Video post GDP070 - Sketch Challenge

February 04, 2017


I love watercoloring because is  very relaxing and every time I have the chance  I  make a card that involves a little bit of extra water.

I need to admit that I'm not great at watercolouring but I have adapted some of the techniques I learnt at art school into my card making activity and this techniques allows me to give that watercolour look and feel to stamped images.

That is what I'm sharing with you today in the  video tutorial below.



This  card is my entry for Global Design Project Challenge today #70 - A super cool sketch Challenge. I hope you can join us this week HERE! with your amazing creations.



As I mention in the video you can add as many layers of colour to your images and you can take from 5 minutes to do this to 1 hour... it all depends on how much you enjoy it. I just like it and  I love to spend time watercolouring.

 Despite the images never will be identical they will look very similar as you used a stamped image to start with... 


I  also use craft materials to make this kind of work.  Water based inks in the next colours:  Crushed Curry ink and a darker yellow: Delightful Dijon ink. Pear Pizzazz ink and a darker green ink colour: Mossy Meadow and for shadows and contrast I applied Early Espresso ink. All made by Stampin' Up!  but you can use "Any" water based ink to do this or your average watercolour paints.


I used watercolour paper 300 grams, cold pressed an to apply colour I used a Sable Round watercolour brush size #4 ( I have a Daler Rowney brush). 

Because the petals of this flower image are all separated from each other  it was easy to apply the water just inside the outline of each petal and keep their shape.

Different images will give you different possibilities


When applying washes of colour  is very important avoiding getting wet at the same time  the edges of 2 consecutive petals because the ink  will blend or bleed  and  they will become 1 single messy thing. (I hope you understand what I mean ;)). So while I was working in one area the ink were getting dry in some other  areas and then I applied another  wash of colour allowing the ink to dry between applications. 

I also used a white ball pen to add some sparkles of light here and there.. on the leaves on the flower pistil ( center) and I embellish with some clear and gold sequins.

To  finish I run the panel through my sewing machine and I added  drops of Glossy accents and I applied Wink of Stella Clear.

That's all!  I hope you enjoy this  project and do not hesitate to ask any question or leave a comment. I would love to heard from you.

All supplies listed at the bottom of the post.

Happy Crafting.
x
Bibi



LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!


Join my Facebook group | contact me at bibicameron@gmail.com| Subscribe to my YouTube Channel Follow me on Google+ | Follow  me on Pinterest and Instagram | Follow my publications | Subscribe to Newsletter|  

You Might Also Like

10 comments

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs