Mini Scalloped Envelopes with Stitched Scallop Square Dies by Honey Bee Stamps

June 19, 2018




Hello everyone, I'm sharing a super easy project with you today using Honey Bee Stamps supplies.  

Ok so I had the  idea to make decorative gift card envelopes using the largest die in Stitched Scallop Squares Die Set by Honey Bee Stamps,   that measures 5-1/2" x 5-1/2 inches and it worked like a charm.

I  die cut high-quality cardstock (270 gms) and using the envelope punch board by Memory Keepers. I scored and punch the paper at 2 - 3/8" inches. Voila!  I was done in a minute.

The mini envelope measures 2 - 3/4" x 3-3/4" inches ( 7x9.8cm) perfect size for a gift card.

You can make smaller envelopes using smaller dies in the Stitched Scallop Squares Die Set by Honey Bee. I made them but failed to take a picture .. silly Bibi.  But I defo will make a project next time with ultra tiny mini envelopes and perhaps I can use them as part of a card topper, embellishments or mini tags for sweeties.  I could make them out of felt to make mini gifts sewing kits to share at sewing clubs .. I don't know. let's see what I can make for you next Tuesday!

For now, check out 1 -minute video  on my Youtube Channel, also available on  my Instagram profile here 


How to make mini scalloped envelopes in 4 simple steps...

  1. Grab your  Stitched Scallop Square dies ( larger size better)  
  2. Cut the paper 
  3. Measure the paper
  4. Now go and check  on your envelope punch board where you have to score the paper to create and envelope with that paper size. 
       You are done! Yay ... aren't they pretty?


To decorate the envelopes I used floral and leafy dies from Busy Bees die set and Spring Blossoms die set and I glued all together using Funky Glue by Tonic Studios.

I wanted to keep this blog post as a strictly die cutting idea but I decided to stamp a tiny tag using one stamp from Bee Organized stamp set which is designed for planner and bullet journal fans. I love how such small detail adds value to the envelopes.

I also want to share about the paper I used for today. You know I'm a bit  pickky about paper and I recently placed my second order of cardstock from Papermill Direct here in the UK and I have to say that it is good!!! love it.  They do not have the same range of colours as  Simon Says Stamps ( one of my fav coloured cardstock )  but as I can't always get cardstock from USA, I tried this paper and it is all right.

oh! I used cardstock from their Cumbria Colour Collection: blue, greens and pink. The colours are yummy,  the paper is also easy to die cut and produce lovely sharp finished edges.  The projects feels luxurious and sturdy. They do offer smooth 300 grams cardstock and I have been using that paper for a while to make my own card bases. Honestly, it is lovely and it also works fine with alcohol markers as well ( not recommended to use with water-based coloring tools).

Oh! and a super extra info, they also have a cardstock 250 grams that is the exact colour of SU whisper white cardstock and you can get an exorbitant amount of paper for £15 including postage as is heavy. That paper is awesome for card bases ( I have been using it for over a year now) so I keep whisper white cardstock only for stamping.


That's all for today ... Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions . I always happy to read and answer your comments.

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly on your email please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!


Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi

Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support. 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous envelopes Bibi and the link to where to buy from. I love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing...using a square scalloped edge die cut is such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs