11 projects 1 kit | Spellbinders Stay Wild Kit of the Month May 2019

May 06, 2019


Hi everyone,  It was late at night when I finally could escape to my craft room to enjoy  Stay Wild kit of the month- May 2019 by Spellbinders. The temperature here in the north is Scotland vary from hot to freezing cold at night so I grabbed a large cup of coffee, turn the heating on and then again I lost track of time using this kit.

I was crafting for about 4 hours or more and I shrink the real crafting time in a 14 minutes video to share with you the kit contents and a few ideas.


This kit is very versatile and it includes loads of products to enjoy papercraft. The price is crazy!!



So the first project I'm sharing in the video is a card made using the die set and paper included in the kit.  


I also used  Floral Splash Cut and Embossing folder to add a little bit of texture to the background of the card in the left. 


I love bears and Stay wild stamp set includes a sweet image that you might not need to colour. However, I add a hint of colour using Copic markers but as I stamped the image on textured cardstock included in the kit the ink of the markers might not blend perfectly. 

 I just stamped the sentiments and the bear from Stay wild stamp set using Nuvo Hybrid brown ink that performs really well n the textured cardstock and it doesn't bleed with Copic markers.

For this card, I also used paper from Stay Wild paper pad and dies from the kit die set to die cut the leaves and the word "smile" out of copper paper include in the kit as well. 

I embellished with black sequins included in the kit and I applied Nuvo Dream drops on the sequins just to cover the little hole in the centre of the sequins.  


Ok so here is an idea to make a card using only  Stay Wild Die Cut Shapes and a sheet of paper from Stay Wild paper pad I embellished with sequins also included in the kit and I applied Nuvo Harvest moon glitter accents ( cooper drop)  on the centre of the sequins.

You get a pair of the same die cut shapes in the package so I fussy cut one of them to overlap those parts on the little pick-up and add dimension.


I used Stay Wild Layered Butterfly stickers, some die cut shapes and some of the dies in the die set included in the kit to make the box and the card in the picture above.  I wanted to give you an extra idea of how to use small die cuts and stickers no only in cards but for box toppers.

I  also wanted to use the small decorative die included in the kit die set to cut a piece of the metal cooper paper.  I found that by using 4 of this small die cuts you can make a nice frame for circular die cut shapes as you can see in the picture  below.





The kit includes adhesive thick frames that you might find great for scrapbooking. This are sold separately too with the Stay Wild Die Cut Shapes pack!

I used one of these frames and paper included in Stay Wild paper pad to make the card above. I added a banner using dies from the die set included in the kit and a large layered butterfly sticker.


With this card, I want to give you an extra idea to use the butterfly die cuts and banners included in the kit.

A while ago I  had the idea here to stick banners on butterflies die cuts. This is a fun and easy way to add sentiments on cards with such dimension in the front panel.

For this card, I fussy cut the white edge around the butterfly die cuts included in the kit just to make them a bit smaller.

I also stamped the background using one of the sentiments in the stamp set included in the kit and although I should use the stamping platform to get a perfect straight pattern in the background, I just didn't so  I know my stamping is a bit crooked but I still wanted to share with you this card as it might have various ideas you might want to try.

I added antlers to the butterflies with a fine tip pen and I embellished with Gold Luxe Nuvo dream drops.

Ok the idea on the card above is to use the dies in the kit to die cut the back panel of a card.  I use the large leaves dies to cut a piece of black checked patterned paper from  Stay Wild paper pad. Then   I placed behind a different patterned paper to easily add a decorative element to this card.

For the card below I then used the leaves die cuts I got left from die cutting the panel of the card above.

 I try to minimise waste the whole time so this is also an idea to show you that you can always make something with the negative space created by dies and also the die cuts.



To finish, I  also put this card together using paper, die cut shapes,  stickers and dies included in the kit die set.  

That's all for today ... Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions. I  always read your comments and I'm happy to answer to your comments.

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly on your email please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Many hugs  and happy crafting
x
Bibi

Supplies

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs