Birthday Card + Peeking Frog Wafer die by Simon Says Stamp

June 30, 2019


Hello everyone,    for today I used  Peeking Frog Die by Simon Says Stamp to make a sweet birthday card.

I die cut a piece of watercolour paper and then I die cut it again but placing the die just next to the previous die cut shape.

Peeking Frog Die cut a circular window around the little frog face so by doing this the circular windows around the face intercept creating something similar to the shape of the top of a heart.

My first thought was using a craft knife to enlarge the window or to give it a different shape and make a shaker card but I  decided to use a die from Stacking Hearts by Honey Bee Stamps instead to easily give shape to the topper.

I then applied colours to the frogs using Zigs ( water-based markers), I also drew very basic frog bodies.

When the ink was dry  I  applied Salty Ocean and  Blue Print Sketch  Distress Oxide Inks over the bodies of the frogs and around the images.

I also inked a background panel using the same distress oxide inks and I sprayed with water using a Nuvo Mist Bottle to create all those little white speckles and texture.

 Using double-sided adhesive tape  I glued the heart-shaped topper to the background.

I splattered the card topper and backgrounds using a Nuvo Shimmer pen and  I also added white and black dots using a Posca white marker and a fine tip black pen.


Next,  I create little embellishments for this card.  I applied Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink on a piece of white cardstock and I sprayed with water. Then  I die cut it using  Mini Flowers and Leaves Die.

I changed the colour of the pinky mint leaves die cuts using a green Zig and glue all together in place.

For the sentiments, I used Big Happy die to die cut a piece of gold mirror cardstock and also a piece of craft foam and I glue them together.


The word: "birthday " is from "Beautiful Flowers Stamp Set". I stamped it using Simon Says Stamp black ink in a little piece of the pink distresses background I created to make the flowers.

I embellish the cards with Yellow Bird Glitter Nuvo Drops and Marina sequin by Simon Says Stamp.

That's all for today.

Happy crafting!

If you wish to receive my blog post or videos directly in your inbox please Subscribe to my blog here! or my Youtube Channel here!

Any questions? please ask. :) 
x
Bibi

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links below  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Bibi, this is uber cute, look at their adorable faces, beautiful background work too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs