Beautiful Day by Simon Says Stamp and Distress Inks | Butterfly Card

August 29, 2019




Hello everyone, today I'm sharing a super simple card featuring Simon Says Stamp Supplies.

I used  Beautiful Day stamp set,  Hexagon Element Wafer die and a die from Wonky Rectangles die set to add a decorative stitched edge to the front panel of my card.

I  added colours using Peacock Feathers ,  Evergreen Bough  distress inks and a few blue pens from Arteza watercolour markers. I blend the colours using a  water brush.



I simply stamped the leaves on watercolour paper and with a water brush, I blended the ink from the edges of the images towards the centre.

This produces a very light wash of colour.

  • Next, I applied brown inks on a piece of watercolour paper. I  sprayed the paper with water to blend the inks and when the paper was dry  I die cut the honeycomb out of it.
  • I adhered the honeycomb to the card background using Nuvo Deluxe adhesive.
  • Then, I used the larger die Wonky Rectangles die set and I die cut the panel.
  • I stamped the butterfly using versafine onyx ink and I applied colour using Peacock Feathers and Evergreen Bought Distress inks.
  • To add a little bit of dimention I also stamped the butterfly on vellum, I fussy cut it and I added it behind the bold butterfly.
  • I stick the butterfly on the background with Nuvo Deluxe adhesive.
  • I heat embossed a sentiment on navy blue cardstock using white embossing powder.


I also did some doodling on the butterfly wings using a white Posca marker and fineliners pens.

That's all for today... Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs

x

Bibi


Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 

Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs