Beautiful Flowers by Simon Says Stamp + watercolours

August 27, 2019


Hi everyone,  I have been in die-cutting mode recently and doing some watercolour has been a little bit refreshing to me.   I love watercolour and painting!

For today, I'm featuring the large image from  Beautiful Flowers Stamp Set and  Faceted Stripes stencil by Simon Says Stamp.

These two products are without no doubt some of my favourites Simon Says Stamp supplies and although the stencil is very modern you can also use it to add a special touch to any card background.


Using a stamp platform, I  stamped the images using a brown water base pen on 300 grams cold press watercolour paper. This is a slow process and it could damage the tip of the pen so you can also use a brown Distress ink instead.

I added colours using peach and pink shades Arteza water-base markers.   

I  also love Kuretake Ganstai Tambi Watercolours and Zigs as well and they are affordable supplies.



For the card base, I used Lawn Fawn Fog card.  I place the stencil on the front panel of the card and I applied Iced Spruce Distress Ink using Nuvo Sponges.

As my card is 7- 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches I had to place the stencil in a way I could line up the stripes when using it twice.


Next, I randomly applied over the image  Golden Age Ultimate Waterproof Pen it adds contrast and sparkle.

 I also heat emboss the banner on black card using Nuvo ultra-fine detail gold embossing powder

Top tip to get perfect heat embosses sentiment: Use anti-static powder on the cardstock before stamping. Use a Nuvo swipe Brush to brush off any anti-static powder after heat embossing.


I  splattered the background with a red wine Nuvo aqua Flow pen and I embellished with Simon Says Stamp Marina sequins.

Here is a speed video to share the colouring process ( it is not a tutorial- only a preview)

That's all for today... Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs

x

Bibi


Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 

Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Your card is stunning. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous design & wonderful use of those markers. Bibi if you get this message will you mail me back as your contact bit will not work for me to ask you advice please c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs