Spellbinders Die of the Month September - 2019 | Watercolour Die Cuts

September 10, 2019


Hi crafty friends,  I received the Spellbinders Large Die of the month - September 2019, it contains "Game Of Gnomes" die set (Available September 1-30th).

What a fun die set!  it includes 22 dies that will cut 45 different shapes to assemble cute little gnomes, 3 mushroom designs, grass,  a sign and a little squirrel.


I  first had the idea of making Christmas tags and with minimal alterations, I could make a mini Santa Claus for the tags instead of a gnome but then I  really wanted to use the mushrooms so I stuck to the gnomes concept.

Die Cutting 

I die cut all the pieces out of 300 grams cold press watercolour paper because I love to apply  watercolours to this kind of die cuts.

I die cut the paper in one go and I use washi tape or low tack tape to keep the dies in place.



Once I had all my die cuts, I downloaded printable instructions here!  You might need them to identify the pieces and how to assemble the different images.

 They are pretty easy to put together.

Colouring 

I applied colours to each piece using FSJ watercolour pencils + Zigs watercolour markers.

This was really easy to do.   I applied randomly the watercolour pencils and then the water-based markers on the die cuts just to fill the pieces with colour.

I applied a fair amount of the pencils and marker pigments on the watercolour paper and I blended it using a water brush.

I then glue the pieces together and applied extra colour just to add darker areas,  shadows and accents.

Sentiments

Spellbinders is also providing a fun printable sheet with sentiments that coordinate with this die set theme but my printer was miss behaving.

 So  I  used sentiments from  Express Yourself stamp set included in this month Spellbinders Craft Kit of the month to stamp the background panel and the little sing in the gnome hand.




That's all for today... Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs

x

Bibi

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 

Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Fantastic colouring Bibi, so cute, that little toadstool/ mushroom. Changing him up to Santa or an elf will stretch the stash & make great Xmas cards x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea you are so sweet , Thank you very much for your kind comments.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs