Layering Stencils Video Post | Winter Floral Layered Set by Simon Says Stamp

October 15, 2019


Oh my!  I'm loving  Winter Floral Layering Set by Simon Says Stamp from Cheer and Joy Release here

What a cool layered stencil. It consists of 4 stencils that you can use to create a multicolor stenciled image.

So I dreamed about using mousses with these stencils and although this was a messy play they were just perfect to add the wow factor to my little projects!

I have in my stash several  Nuvo embellishment and Expanding  Mousses and Christmas time is a good time to make these mousses shine!

The mousses :
  • Dry fast
  • Are opaque
  • Add sparkle and shine
  • Add a nice subtle texture

I  used traditional colors and I also make alternative projects for you in teal,  blue and purple colors.


I  didn't activate the expanding mousses BTW as I wanted a smooth and shiny finishing.

The expanding mousses will turn mat and rough if you heat set them.

To bear in mind

  • These mousses are waterbased. 
  • They will activate with water so avoid applying water or waterbased products over the dry mousses. This will affect the stenciled image.
  • They are fully blendable. Mix mousses to achieve different color shades or mix them with other waterbased products to create new colors as well. 
  • Warning: The mousses will dry if you don't close the container properly. I seal the containers using Pres'n Seal, clean film or foil to keep the product moistured.



For some of the cards in this post, I also made simple watercolor backgrounds using an inexpensive makeup brush to spread Nuvo Aqua Flow pens pigments diluted with a little bit of water on watercolor paper.

Any watercolor paper will be good to do this.

I also spray water and Mica Mist over the watercolour backgrounds to add extra texture and interest.

So prepare yourself to get your hands a bit dirty and enjoy multilayer stencils and Nuvo Mousses.

Watch video




That's all for today.
Happy crafting!
Hugs
x
Bibi

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 

Thanks for your support.

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs