San Valentine's Small Jewellery - Treat Box | Die cutting with the Tonic Craft Kit 28

November 10, 2019


Hello everyone, Today I have 2 blog posts using products included in the  Tonic Craft kit 28 (UK - USA).

In this post, I'm sharing a bonus project as I customize the box to make a project for Christmas or San Valentine's Day.

Make the box in any color and check out my post here to make this project in rich gold and black colour palette + 9-minutes video tutorial.



Watch  2-minutes video to show you how to put a basic box together.


This box measures 2-1/4 x 2-1/2" inches and it is 2-1/2 inches tall.
This is a perfect packaging solution for small items or gifts.

The die to create this box is exclusive to the Tonic Craft Kit and once the kit is sold out and sadly it might not be available to purchase any longer. 

Tonic Studios also offer similar dies to create heart-shaped boxes. I listed them below in the supplies list.



Best Die Cutting Machine

Without any doubts, the best die cutting machine I have ever tried is the Tangerine Die Cutting Machine by Tonic Studios.

The first thing that comes to my mind when thinking about this machine is the song "the eye of the tiger"...  If you ever have the chance to try it  I think you will agree with me.

 You will never know what is serious die-cutting power until you have a chance to use one of this monsters.

She is not the most pretty die cutting machine, I have to admit it.

It is a large format die cutting machine. Big but for its size is a lot more practical than the Big Shot Plus ( I also have one of this and I almost never use it but I love it as I can use Bigz Dies to die fabric).

The tangerine is heavy but no more than any other large-format die cutting machine.

And YES, she is orange. This is perhaps the only downside I could find plus well this is a machine to die cut intricate detail as a Pro. even my toddler Emma can use it as it is also smooth.

The machine could trow a wee bit of oil! I just clean it but I never got my paper oily (no at all)

I'm  Colombiansd and I make jokes about this machine as in Colombia we have a quote that says "feo pero sabroso" this translate "Ugly but Testy",  it is a way to say that it might not be so appealing for the eye but gosh is good for what it is supposed to be.. so Yeah the Tangerine is fea pero sabrosa .... I feel pretty much that way about this machine lol. 

The Tangerine  DEFO does what others can't.  It is a killer die cutting machine and I couldn't recommend this machine enough.

Intricate die-cutting is never a problem with this monster die-cutting. You only need to pass the paper once and then dies will release the paper easily too.

To cut paper with framelits any other die cutting machine is great for intricate die-cutting juts buy one. Save money and when they become available grab it before they are gone.

they were sold out and it has been a while since they were available. 

The Best Paper to Make this Box

For this project, I used Craft Perfect Card. 

Due to the size of the box and its little flaps is ideal to use a medium weight cardstock (240 - 270 gms). 

This will make strong little boxes and the die-cutting and assembling process will be smooth.

I know you might be tempted to create these boxes using a glossy or mirror card but  I'll advise against it. Even the best mirror card on the market tends to crack when small and precision foldings are required.

You can use a heavyweight cardstock or mirror card to create decorative panels for any die cutting project. 

Adhesive

I recommend Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive for this kind of project although this extends the production time.

A super-strong double-sided tape will do the work a lot quicker but I always feel that noting as glue to get a strong bond.

To add extra strength to your boxes and a perfect finishing inside, you can use the die to cut the lid of the box to create a perfect piece to line up the inside of the box.



That's all for today, I hope you enjoy this project.


Hugs from Scotland.

x

Bibi




Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 

Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs