Big Thanks and Happy 2020 | Beautiful Flowers by Simon Says Stamp

December 31, 2019


Happy New Year everyone and big thanks for your support during 2019.

It has been hard to craft during the holiday whit the family around and the kids on holiday but I had done my best to keep my crafty spirit going through the season.

Today's card was made using Beautiful Flowers II stamp set by Simon Says Stamp one of my favorite stamp sets ever.

The sentiment is from All the Thanks stamp set another wonderful set launched for thanksgiving but it can be used all year round.



I simply stamped the large floral on using Memento black ink and I applied color using  Copic Markers.

I used pink, peach and brown colours and over the marker, I used colored pencils to add contrast.
I made a large composition but things were wrong at the last minute.

 After making a pretty decent coloring that covered a 6x6 inches piece,  I decided to use a stencil over and Nuvo Glimmer paste. I  spoiled my work as the paste covered completely the leaves and the background! Noooo. what I was thinking?

To rescue part of my work, I fussy cut the flowers and I adhere it using foam pads over a  4x4 inches panel I stamped previously on a corner using black ink and the same large floral image.

I totally love the look and feel of the colored flower over the black and white background but then I grabbed another stencil and Nuvo gold embellishment mousse. I was very close to spoil my work again! Noooo.

The gold texture seems to be completely unnecessary so I tried to soften it with a hint of pink ink!

I then stamped the sentiment and  I added a light grey background panel to then glue it on the card base.

I embellished with silver sequins!



That's all for today.  I hope you like this idea.

Sending loves and hugs to you and your family and stay tuned so many beautiful releases coming their way .. I'm already excited with 2020!

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thanks for your support!

 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Happy New Year to you & the family x I have loved following you & your creativity through 2019 & can not wait to see what you have in store for us in 2020. Do you have any crafting new year resolutions ? I have to create more in card & stitching & to be far more tidy & organised, the family will be glad for the second one hehehe.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs