Spellbinders Kit of the Month February 2020 | Unicorn Pop Up Exploding Box Card

February 17, 2020


Hi everyone, today I'm sharing two projects using the Unicorn Dreams - Spellbinders kit of the month ( February 2020).

An exploding Box Card and a card.

The Spellbinder Kit Includes:

  • A 13 pieces die set
  • Stamp set
  • Paper
  • Card blanks and envelopes
  • Adhesives ( tape and dimensional pads)
  • Stickers
  • Die-cut shapes
  • Sequin



Join the Club here and get 50% extra savings on past kits!  This offer is also available to Club Members this month.


I totally love the paper colors included in the kit this month. The stickers are super cool and the stamp set cute too!

I got hooked on the die set, designed to create a  3 x 2-1/2" inches unicorn head. This is including the unicorn horn and the hair the size can vary according to your design.

The unicorn face alone measures 1-3/4 x 2 inches.

 The die set also includes dies to cut different eyes and lashes for the unicorn and small flowers to embellish it.



For the card below I used a different eye style for the unicorn so that you can compare them with the ones on the box.  

That little heart-shaped nose is actually an eye but that's the cool thing about die-cutting anything can be anything. 

Shhh don't say it. I forgot to glue the ears to the unicorn and I just noticed! Did you notice it? Oh well, she could be something else. lol

Unicorn Pop Up Exploding Box Card


You can make the unicorn cake topper using only the unicorn horn, the lashes, and the florals but I wanted to use all the dies in the kit together with other supplies.

So I made an exploding box card.


The box base is 2-1/2" inches by 2- 1/2 " inches.

  • I cut an A4 sheet of  fog cardstock to 10 -1/2"  x 6" inches 
  • To create the box side panels, I then scored the paper every 2- 1/2" along the 10-1/2" side.  
  • Next, I score the paper at 3" inches along the 6 inches side.
  • Using scissors I made the box flaps by simply cutting over the scoring lines until the scoring lines intercept.
  • I then used decorative paper in the kit to cover the panel box panels as you see in the picture.
There are 3  inner supports inside the box to hold the exploding elements.
  • To make them I cut  2-1/2" inches long x  3/4" inches stripes of cardstock.
  • I  scored 1/2 inches from both ends to adhere them to the inside of the box.
  • I cut slim stripes of heavyweight acetate and I adhere on one end of the stripes the die-cut sentiments and I glued the other to the support inside the box


With the exploding elements this card turned up quite big so I made an  A7  envelope  (5-1/2 " x 7"  inches ) using the envelope punch board.

That's all for today.
I hope you like these ideas.
hugs
Bibi

Supplies List 


Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.

Thanks for your support!


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs