Pretty Peonies Background by Simon Says Stamp + Copic Coloring

September 25, 2019



Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well!  Today I'm sharing a very simple card using  Pretty Peonies Background and CZ All the Thanks Stamps by Simon Says Stamp.

Stamping 
I first applied anti-static powder over a piece of light grey cardstock to be able to do some heat embossing over it.

The antistatic powder will stop the embossing powder to stick over unstamped areas achieving a very crisp and well-defined image.

Using the Tonic- Tim Holtz stamping platform I then stamped the images various times using clear Versafine ink.

Next, I sprinkled  Nuvo Fine Detail gold embossing powder. I  tapped off the excess of powder and I  applied heat.

Colouring 


I wasn't really sure about which colours I should use I guess this is the most challenging part. Before this, I never try to add colours before using Copic markers on a greyish cardstock like this. I wasn't sure how the colours will look neither.

So I started by applying yellows and peach shades os Copic Ciao Markers to the flowers and Olive tones to the leaves.

Not crazy with the peachy look and feel of the flowers on the grey cardstock  I decided to add red, wine and pink colours over.

I worked around the embossed lines avoiding passing over them as the alcohol markers will lift the melted embossing powder and this won't only affect the embossed image but probably will affect the tip of the marker as well.

So I applied the colour between embossed lines, in flicking motion,  from dark to light, working from the base of the petals and blending lighter shades towards the top.

To finish  I also used a dark grey marker to fill the negative spaces of the images and  I applied Nuvo Shimmer Pen all over the panel to add sparkle.

I also added small dots all over the image using a black fineliner pen.

Using Deckle Edge  A2 die set by Honey Bee Stamps I die cut the panel and I adhered it into a C6 standard size card base using double-sided tape.

To embellish, I applied Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the little berries and I couldn't resist to gold heat emboss the sentiment "Muchas Gracias"  in Spanish.

Muchas Gracias for stopping by!!

Happy Crating 

That's all for today... Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs

x

Bibi

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 

Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs