New Becca Feeken Candlewick Classics Collection by Spellbinders

November 07, 2019



Hi everyone,   I have been invited by Spellbinders to try the new Candlewick Classics Collection by Becca Feeken and I'm sharing 3 card ideas and a short video to show you how these projects comes to live!

Inspired by Candlewick embroidery design, this is a stunning collection of basic shape dies that will create an elegant pattern on the paper with hints of dotted motifs and knots.

The collection also included a doily and a doily border die set,  perfect additions to create elegant and professional-looking papercraft projects.

Candlewick Inspired Die Collection


Watch 2 minutes video to see these projects come to live!



So I was tempted to use only white for my cards today but I thought that using bright colors would allow me to show you the die-cut shapes a lot better.

 Paper Piecing and Inlaid Die Cuts



This is harder to explain than to do!

I just did a little bit of paper piecing using Doily Round Etched dies so instead of discarding negative die cuts,  I used them as part of the design.

I started by simply die cutting a doily shaped window on the center of a 5-1/4 x 5 1/4 inches piece of white cardstock and behind it, I glued a solid piece of pink cardstock.

Then, I die cut two doilies our of Blue Lagoon cardstock and  I glued one of them on the aperture aligning the edges with the shaped window.

Using scissors, I cut the outer border of the other blue doily to get a smaller die-cut and I kept it to aside.

Next,  I die cut a doily out of yellow cardstock.  I used some of the negative die cuts to inlaid them around the circle part on the center of the doily ( plus I kept the Yellow die cut doily for my next project)

As I wanted to add another color, I die cut a doily out of green cardstock.  I only used the negative die cuts to fill in with those pieces the green areas you can see in the picture of the card.



 
To finish this card,  I glued the smaller teal doily over and  I  embellish with Fashion Gold Dots

I  also stamped the sentiments from Inside and Out stamp set using  Black  Licorice ink by Fun Stampers Journey. What a gorgeous black ink!

Layered Die Cuts


The new Candlewick dies design by Becca Feeken are good to create cards for any occasion.

For this card I used the poinsettia die set included in the Spellbinders November  Kit of the month. I just couldn't resist!

I started by cutting an oval window on a white piece of cardstock using the medium solid oval die from Oval Candlewick Etched Dies.

I then used the yellow doily  I got left from my first project above and I glued it behind the window. Behind it,  I then glued a green piece of cardstock.


Next , I die cut out of Blue Lagoon cardstock an oval frame using the medium oval die from  Oval Candlewick Etched Dies and I adhered it over the center of the window using double-sided tape.


I  also stamped the sentiment from the stamp set included in the Spellbinders November  Kit of the month using Black  Licorice ink.

To embellish I used  Fashion Gold Dots

Background Patterned Panel 



This is something I really like to do when I have die sets such as Doily Round Etched dies.

I  simply die cut two doilies out of  Blue Lagoon cardstock and I glued them on an A2 white piece.

I trimmed the edges that were picking out the white piece of cardstock and I used those small offcuts to complete the background.  Then to get a perfect size and also sharp edges,  I used the medium rectangle die from Candlewick Rectangle Etched Dies to die cut this piece

When running the pice through the die cutting machine everything gets nicely flatten and this provides a beautiful finishing.


To add more interest to this very simple card design, I  cut a piece of Blue Lagoon card using the medium rectangle die with the candlewick pattern over the edge and the outer frame die.

I glued the piece with the die-cut pattern over and then I adhered them on a C6 card base.

I also made a small banner by stamping the sentiment from Inside and Out stamp set using Black  Licorice ink by Fun Stampers Journey. 
To embellish I used Fashion Gold Dots


That's all for today, I hope you enjoy these projects and ideas to get crafty with Becca Feeken designs.

Hugs from Scotland.
x
Bibi


Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 

Thanks for your support.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs