San Valentine's Cards + From the Heart Border Die by Papertrey ink

January 28, 2020


Hi everyone,  I have been invited to share ideas and inspiration using Papertrey Ink supplies and I have two blog posts to share with you today using their beautiful products.

In this blog post, I'm featuring:
In my post here, I'm sharing birthday cards using  Cake Creations stamp and die set. Make sure to have a look!!

Watch 2 - minutes video to see products in action and  the cardmaking process

From a Small Die to Die Cut Background

So the first idea you see in the video is to create a whole card background using From the Heart border die.

I  use individual die cuts to create card backgrounds very often and I like to use mirror - glossy cardstock but you can use any cardstock colour you might like.

So this card was no exception. You can see more samples here, here and here.

I also stamped different sentiments on the die cuts negative spaces but you can also add a banner.

CAS Card


The second card in the video is incredibly easy.

Using Tin Stitch Die I  added a   decorative element to the card base.

Then, I made some stamp surgery to be able to complete the sentiment.  I  used scissors to carefully cut on of the stamps in Just Sentiments: Valentine.

The large word "heart" is from To Die For Sentiments die set 

Die Cut Background + Paper Piecing



Although this is the last card in the video it was the first I made.

I  used From the Heart border die to die cut different cardstock colors and I glued the die cuts on a C6 card base.

To fill in the background, I applied a simple paper piecing technique.

I changed my mind about the sentiment so in the video you might see me adding a gold sentiment and then adding over a sentiment I die cut out of  Black Glossy Mirror card.

I just thought the gold sentiment could easily get overwhelmed by the background.

Totally loving   "To Die For Sentiments" die set.  It is truly stunning!

That's all for today I hope you like these ideas.

Hugs

Bibi

Supplies List 

Just a note to let you know that when you buy through the links in my blog  I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.

Thanks for your support!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. great color combinations! Thanks for playing along with Papercraft Business Challenges!
    Jill – Design Team member at Papercraft Business
    Visit my blog - Killeen House Studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your cards are so pretty and elegant. I especially like the paper pieced creation. Beautiful dies and layouts. Thank you for sharing with us this month at Papercraft Business Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Subscribe

Total Pageviews

DIE CUTTING CLUBS

Spellbinders NEW Monthly Die Cutting Clubs